Liverpool

Nevarrrrrrr Klopp h8er 4 lyf!!!

1 Like

This is called management, and player(s) responded to that

Wanky club.

2 Likes

That almost sounds ridiculous when Guardiola is on the cusp of winning an unprecedented domestic treble in English football

I think that player managment and pshycology are so underrated parts of the modern game, one of the reasons we are so shite and why liverpool is good

5 Likes

From November 2016:

Since then, they have completely worked on their previous problems at the back and still maintained the fire power up front.

God damn, why didn’t we take the initivitive and take a chance on Klopp while we had the chance :papa:

1 Like

3 CL Finals in 6 years now for Klopp isn’t it? (Dortmund 1, Liverpool 2) fair play to the guy, he’s really evolved as a manager too. Liverpool struck gold.

1 Like

Klopp turned Henderson into a very good midfielder. The english midfielder worked hard to improve his weaknesses and now is a team leader.

I don’t remember the last time he made a mistake who caused a goal conceded.

Take notes, Granit Xhaka… :handshake:

4 Likes

Mou finally recognizing Jurgen. Tears in my eyes. You can tell he doesn’t want to give him praise and even setting him up for a failure in the final but his inner football fan, and respect for managers and PL can’t help but appreciate what the man has done.

1 Like

Sorry. But FUCK Mourinho.

2 Likes

Especially when it comes to Mustafi

3 Likes

Remember when all the football geniuses said Klopp’s style could never work in the sacred premier league.

All their players would be exhausted by February with no winter break. They’d pick up injuries throughout the season. They couldn’t compete on multiple fronts.

6 Likes

I also remember when people said the lack of winter break was the reason EPL clubs were struggling in Europe, I always maintained that was an absolute myth.

5 Likes

Congrats Liverpool, a fanbase that sticks with a manager and players who clearly respect the badge and the club. Klopp has them playing and they are a definition of a team rather then Individuals. To get to 94 points and not even win the league shows how tough it is to win the PL these days. Congrats to them.

3 Likes

Is my analysis of him wrong? His stats represent exactly my thoughts on the guy. He does 99 positives but the one negative he does is negating all the positives. He has qualities of a great defender but lacks the concentration not to fuck up.

Whether it is right or wrong isn’t really relevant. I said you’re on a different wavelength to the rest of us in your assessment of him, that is clearly true, whether your assessment is accurate or not is a different matter.

Anyone else going to avoid BBC sport today for the inevitable Phil McNumpty overreacting analysis?

3 Likes

I said I thought that Klopp was an elite manager.
After watching what Liverpool have done to Barcelona, I still hold that opinion.

He might finish the season without a trophy but he isn’t a bottler and if there is a better manager in Europe, I’m not sure who it is.

He has proved that a club the size of Liverpool, which is similar to ours, can compete with the oil rich clubs so surely that is a good thing?

2 Likes

Thing is even if we had an elite manager, we wouldn’t fucking back him with the money to spend so what’s the point.

6 Likes

I actually watched some of Liverpool’s 70s/80s European Cup games when they were champions. Technically they weren’t amazing but pressing with intensity, every player picking intelligent passes, fast dynamic movement off the ball. It’s was actually quite similar to Klopp’s teams

When you’re at a club with 5 Champion’s League wins, you must fancy that you can did what your predecesors managed. It sets a standard. Not to take anything away from what Klopp’s done.

They’re certainly not ‘average’. They’re not technically the most skillful in the world but the level of intensity, movement, pace and distance covered is probably second to none. Also none of our midfielders would displace any of theirs. Milner and Henderson can both ping accurate 70 yard balls or dynamic 1-2s moving he ball up the field at pace and more expensive ‘fancy’ midfielders haven’t really managed to displace either as people predicted they would.

1 Like