Lisandro Martinez

Yep

Please get this over the line

1 Like

What you think of him btw? I know he has a bit of an attitude.

This is Arsenal’s best summer ever :joy:

Love the backing from Stanley and son :kroenke:

1 Like

He’s great.

1 Like

Where do you see him fitting in here? Starter or cover? Quite a bit of an investment for just a cover, plus he’s got the World Cup coming.

We only have one signing officially over the line. Let’s reserve praise for when we actually sign some more players.

1 Like

Fuck me a lot of you need to cheer up

2 Likes

To be honest even if we sign all the players mooted I’m still gonna remain pretty neutral. I have a strong wait and see approach myself this year.

No shade being thrown at anyone who is excited, I get it, but I also get why some might be a bit reserved.

10 Likes

That’s totally fair. I think it’s reasonable to be circumspect about things especially considering how the team collapsed at three different points during the season (at the start, after the spring international break and at the very end of the season). There are mitigating factors to explain away some of those collapses but some of those factors are self inflicted and we had a supposed advantage over rivals because we weren’t in Europe.

I still have a lot of doubts over Arteta’s ability to juggle a larger squad and worry that he’s going to have a learning curve on that. And I worry about the staff. Who is on that staff who’s in a position to say to Arteta “Boss, we have to stop trying Xhaka at left back” or whatever this season’s version of that is.

5 Likes

Well if these transfers go through, for the first time since 04/05 we’ll actually have two players in their natural position for every position.

So we really shouldn’t need to be having those kinds of conversations.

1 Like

Except LB. Or do we?
:ramsdale:

Xhaka is still under contract, so Arteta would say yes.

2 Likes

“Have you seen his numbers there? They don’t get much better.”

Yes, that’s an actual Arteta quote on Xhaka playing at LB.

1 Like

It’s stupid but Arteta getting rid of Xhaka would make me trust him more.

Being able to set aside the fact Xhaka is a player he likes and trusts but ultimately holds the whole team back would show me he’s growing as a coach.

1 Like
3 Likes

Fucking get this done papa Edu.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Edu is really patterning 3 transfers at the same time lmao

3 Likes

If he can grill corn, beef and chicken on the same grill I think he can handle 3 small transfers at once lelell

7 Likes

Emailing 3 different people on the same day, it’s like he has a real job :bergkamp2:

10 Likes