Ligue 1

At the risk of sounding like a naive premier league supremicist, I can’t believe the French league is capable of generating that sort of money for 10 more games + whatever is left of their cups.

edit: nevermind apparently their combined revenue is around €2bn so it might be true, although something like a third of that has got to be just PSG?

Could be that TV companies still needed to make some payments for this season, but because of this they are not going to do that anymore. The Eredivisie/Dutch clubs apparantly get there money on two occasions from the TV companies, which already have passed.

Season tickets and stuff like that need to be paid upfront anyway. I reckon it’s not just revenue from the 10 remaining games.

The owner of PSG also owns Bein Sports. Probably something in that too.

There must be a legal case for it to be though.

You surely can’t broadcast 75% of a season and only pay for 50% of it (I’m assuming that’s what you’re saying, that they haven’t got their second payments yet? Or some kind of mismatch at least between what’s been consumed and what’s been paid?).

And then in reverse, you probably shouldn’t keep 100% of season ticket revenue and make your fans pay for this.

I would hope the symbiosis of fans, clubs and TV companies would even themselves out and not try and screw each other over, but maybe I am just naive.

PSG awarded the title.

1 Like

Just a normal August day in France then

4 Likes
1 Like

Lyon’s own fault for having an absolute shocker of a season.

I foresee a lot more of these legal challenges as leagues around Europe continue to void their 19/20 season.

1 Like

What will be interesting to see is if any leagues have it written into their rules/constitution about what to do in a scenario like this. Otherwise there’s no good reason we won’t see dozens of these type of challenges.

1 Like
2 Likes

Suppose that happens when most of their players are mercenaries lol.

Tough shit

4 Likes

They’ll be starting the new campaign around the time lots of leagues are completing the current one.

:thinking:

1 Like

Guess what team had their CB sent out in a cup final.

4 Likes

Mbappe injured, no good for PSG CL prospects.

Dunno if anyone remembers Alexis Claude-Maurice, the lad from Lorient who we were heavily linked with.
Anyway, he signed for Nice(Paddy’s team) last season but had a bit of a tough time adjusting so all in all he had a bad season. I’ve been following what Nice are up to lately and he seems to be getting more trust from Paddy in the pre-season and he has been repaying that trust with good performances.
Expecting him to have a great season.

2 Likes