Ligue 1

He joined them on March.

Hard to know how fair that is to Grimandi. I’ve never heard it said we didn’t sign any of those players due to reports from Grimandi and it’s unlikely he was unaware of those players.

Sylvinho gone. Give it Wenger till the end of the season.

This is the risk you face when you’re a club of good stature and you give someone their first run out as a manager. He worked under some solid coaches in Tite and Mancini but being able to translate that into actually managing a team is a big challenge,

1 Like

High reward though. I am sure Lyon are pleased.

2 Likes

Potential high reward. You missed out on the key word.

2 Likes

To be honest though I’d rather a dreadful 11 games from Arteta and have him sacked than be stuck with Emery fumbling around for 3 years or whatever it ends up being.

1 Like

Its like you’ve picked the best case scenario for Arteta getting sacked quickly, and then speculated about how long we might be saddled with Emery for.

I doubt Arteta ever gets sacked after eleven games no matter what, and I also doubt we end up having Emery for three years. It has only been just over one so far.

I refuse to entertain negative thoughts of Emery staying beyond this season :joy:

4 Likes

So what happens when we sack Arteta after 11 games lol? We’re 11 games into a season with a dreadful start and no manager.

I’m not sure how that could be anyones preference.

There’s no way we would ever sack Arteta. His managerial style and skill is directly comparable to Pep’s.

5 Likes

Well we’d be making another appointment that could be the next manager to take us into being a contender, the longer we waste with Emery at the helm the longer that wait will be.

Hahaha yeah Raul and co watch our games, so surely even if we somehow come top 4 due to incompetence of other sides they still have the common sense to bin Emery.

[AussieGooner] Death is better than Emery [/AussieGooner]

PSG hammering Marseille 3 -0 at the 32min, this can end badly for the visitors.

1 Like

Tuchel ball 4-0 at HT

Sorry bro, he didn’t win some bum cup that even the French public couldn’t be bothered with, fraud.

1 Like

What a recital from Verratti, watching the highlights. That assist to Icardi and then pass to Di María to set up the first Mbappé goal :drooling_face:

Would definitely put PSG up there as the favourites for CL this season along with City and Liverpool. Now with a proper striker like Icardi to go with Mbappé, Neymar, and Di María, and that’s pretty scary. Barça is a long shot as long as Valverdemery is in charge.

1 Like

I’d love Tuchel to win the CL, PSG have the players but are perennial bottlers in the CL.

Hope not.

Another last 16 upset might make those psychos sack him (unlikely but still)

Yeah but that only helps if we then get him as manager, our club probably still rates Unai Emery higher than Tuchel lol.

1 Like