Ligue 1

Go on Lille fantastic result for football this could be.

3 Likes

Campos about to ascend to legendary status.

1 Like

@sevchenko

1 Like

It goes to the last day…

Lille should beat Angers.

Hopefully the headlines won’t be ‘Final day defeat Angers Lille’ (except in French)

3 Likes

Don’t look back in ANGERS.

Lille blow title bid in last day collapse

2 Likes

Lille are champions

1 Like

Lyon, Napoli and Leicester :clown_face:

4 Likes

@sevchenko Luis Caaaaaaaaaaaaaampos

1 Like

Huge credit has to go to Lille for winning the league, given the spending power difference that’s a monumental achievement.

1 Like

Poch under pressure for next season now. Keeping that dressing room on side is his first task.

2 Likes
1 Like

Something is up with these Brazilian technical directors, dodgy af

5 Likes

Lyon is a joke from top to bottom, Juninho is just an extension of Aulas clownery. Edu is dodgy and shit, what a killer combo.

2 Likes

Things went well initially. Things started to go wrong without me noticing. After two or three victories in November, the Sporting Director no longer came to congratulate me. I found that when the Brazilian recruits weren’t playing, he wasn’t happy. He would have preferred to win with his players. He invests himself a lot, and that is a quality, but I certainly think that he must have promised them that they would start. We spoke about it, he told me that if it had to be done again, he would not push on these things. But it slowed down the emergence of certain young players like Caqueret in particular. Juni’s opinion was that Jean Lucas was better. The problem must have come from there initially. And things quickly deteriorated. At the winter break, I went to see Vincent Ponsot, and I said to him: “What is going on? What is Juni trying to do, take my position? It is not possible to continue like this. I will leave the keys to him if he wants them.”

Around the 16th gameweek, Juni allowed for Jean Lucas to return to Brazil 2 matches before the end of the year. He said: “He is not playing enough, Caqueret is playing his place etc.” But I was missing players in midfield and I did not want that. It was Jean-Michel Aulas who got him back for me. But Juni then sent him to Brazil for the last game of the year without saying to me… I was faced with things like that. He does things behind my back, speaks to players behind my back, allows certain players to criticise the coach like Jean Lucas. He lacks objectivity and equal treatment.

What’s wrong with these guys? Their job is not to do their mates a favour ffs.

1 Like

Don’t think this is a case of doing your mates a favor but the sporting director believing in certain players that the coach doesn’t believe in. It’s almost the classical dispute.

hmmm not sure, I can see South American agents kicking up a fuss if their clients aren’t playing regularly especially for a stepping stone club like Lyon.

The heavy presence of SA talent indicate he has established connections he’d like to preserve

This could be good.

1 Like

People are finally starting to open their eyes to what I used to say about Poch. Twitter nerd God tier manager who has no adaptability, poor in game management and has a style of play that works when you’re coaching over eager young players but doesn’t translate to top tier talent.

He’s a serial loser who gets a pass for no valid reason. His work at Spurs is disproportionately praised yet he, like the rest of us, bottled a title to Leicester fucking City who played a simple 4-4-2.

Went over to the PSG forums (must all be recent fans because who the fuck supported PSG outside of Parisians pre-state funded takeover) recently and had a good read at the fans who think his in game management is poor and his tactical knowledge is not high level. Now this shitter wants to go back to his comfort zone at Spurs where he got God level praise for not winning anything.

3 Likes