:stadium: Stade Félix Bollaert-Delélis
:spiral_calendar: 2023-10-03T19:00:00Z
:soccer: Champions League
:tv: TNT Sports

• Lens win
  • Draw
  • Arsenal win

0 voters

Back to the Champions League! Will it be a heavily rotated squad, with Man City visiting on the weekend? Share your predictions!

ESR and Vieira to start on the wings, Jesus in the middle.

Maybe Ramsdale can also make his CL debut? He deserves to see minutes in the competition at some point in time.

I’m not sure how Lens play, but could we get away with a Jorgi/El Neny midfield?

4 Likes

I think it’ll be similar to the PSV lineup, with the goal to be in a position where subs can be made from midway through the second half.

1 Like

Another away game, another clean sheet.

I want Rice, Saliba and Saka rested.
. I know the Champions League is no joke but the City game is bigger.

---------------------------Raya---------------------------
–White------Tomi---------Gabriel----Zinny–
----------------------Jorginho-------------------------
---------Odegaard---------Havertz---------------
—Vieira----------Jesus--------Trossard------

5 Likes

All 3 start I reckon.

1 Like

Probably.

Need to trust the fringe players for this one so the main guys are ready for the city game.

1 Like

All of our key players will start. It’s two games before international break, it’s October and it’s our first away game in the CL.

2 Likes

Thank god its at 20:00

Thought it might be a 17:30 nonsense game seeing as its away

Very excited for more Champions League football.

People rightfully say the group stages of the Champions League is a boring and often a formality, but this is fine dining after years of trying to stomach the thin gruel that is the Europa League group stages.

9 Likes

Lens first home game in the CL aswell.

This is how they celebrated qualifying for it last season.

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1662583825023614979?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

Looking forward to this!

To rest or not to rest key players is the question

Saka and maybe Ben White are the only two I would say definitely need a rest.

Agree. At least city are playing leipzieg away.

Anyone expecting heavy rotation a la Brentford, I doubt it.

Perhaps Ramsdale, Tomiyasu and maybe Vieira/Nelson get a start but that’d be it.

Lens have picked up form after their poor start. Let’s not forget, this team pushed PSG to the very end. Fofana and Openda were big factors in that and they’re gone now but they’ll still pose a threat in their first CL home game.

10yo me at the School Book Fair

1 Like

Wonder if we wear our third kit for this

No way we rest key players, they’ll miss if they’re hurt. Arteta and rightfully so will want qualification as soon as possible and also top spot.

5 Likes