Leicester City vs Arsenal (PL)

This is a classic Leicester expectation win when they fall down.
2 0 Arsenal win. Saka and Auba.

2 Likes

You had an extra bracket on the end of the titleā€¦ it said (PL))

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Honestly, I swear we are on BT an abnormal amount recently, even leaving aside the EL

1 Like

Weā€™ll somehow find a way to make Vardy look like a world beater and produce a sterile attacking performance against a team that isnā€™t actually very good despite their league position.

2 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m reading into this, but you make it sound like he isnā€™t a very good striker?!

I donā€™t think itā€™s been confirmed yet, but if James Maddison is out that will be a big positive for us. Saw some of their game last night and they seemed to lack any personality going forward. Vardy is good, but heā€™s better with Maddisonā€™s creativity.

Knowing our luck though, Maddison will recover just in time to play.

1 Like

Ah fair enough. Have a massive smiley face right back to you aswell

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Heā€™s been very good for a long time and is one of the best English strikers of his generation. Itā€™s just that he hasnā€™t scored many recently and heā€™s clearly on the wane but somehow weā€™ll still make him look like heā€™s at his peak all over again.

His goal record against us is ridiculous.

4 Likes

Will be very concerned if Arteta persists with ESR on the wing. Heā€™s much better in the middle and presses better there than oddbodguard. Think heā€™s also more likely to unlock a tight Leicester defence. Needs to be fully fit though.

Every time it looks like Arteta stumbles into a winning line up he seems to want to ruin it with his personal faves rather than his most effective set up. He was lucky that Auba was back on it and a wonderful Tierney strike to save him last night.

1 Like

ESR is physically shot to bits right now. He needs taking out the equation for the weekend.

2 Likes

Youā€™re probably right. His fitness definitely needs some work and heā€™s still young so shouldnā€™t be flogged. Iā€™d hoped heā€™d rotate Oddguard with him to keep them fresh.

Maybe Martinelli will get a start again soon

2 Likes

:joy:

The Bond villain that didnā€™t happen.

6 Likes

Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Partey Ceballos
Pepe Ƙdegaard Martinelli
Aubameyang

If thatā€™s the lineup selected I reckon weā€™ll get a result, maybe not a win but a draw.

2 Likes

Saw a stat recently that more than 30% of his PL goals have come against the top6.

3 Likes

Yep and I think heā€™s got something silly like 12 in 11 or 13 in 11 against us. So us, more than anyone, always seem to be a victim of his.

I really want us to kick these nice-part-of-the-midlands bastards while theyā€™re down, feels like they always somehow get the better of us.

Harvey Barnes is a player I would be wary of, let alone that rat faced fuck, Vardeh.

Ƙdegaard and Partey link up please.

3 Likes

4am kickoff for me lmaoo, always enjoyed getting up early and having my coffee in a dark quiet house to watch Arsenal. Arteta has sucked all the joy out of that with his brand of maddeningly shit football. Anwyaysā€¦

------------------Leno----------------
Bellerinā€”Robā€”Gabrielā€”Cedric
------Ceballos-----Partey-------
Pepe-------------Ƙ---------------Gabi
-------------------Laca---------------

Need to get Partey match fit again, same with Dani as theyā€™ve both missed time with lengthy injuries. Other than that rest our main contributors the league is a lost cause at this point.

4 Likes

Iā€™m ok with this lineup but I would still opt for Auba up top because he had a long enough break and I think he needs to keep playing off the back of a few goals heā€™s scored recently.

6 Likes

19 hours time difference between us dude.

3 Likes