Leeds vs Arsenal (PL) 0-1

Its because they are only allowed to show teams a certain number of times

Glad my sky subscription ends in a couple of weeks. I really donā€™t understand football broadcasting in this country.

3 Likes

Each weekend as many as six Premier League matches will be moved to be shown on Sky Sports or BT Sport. The main kick-off times for TV matches are 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Saturdays, 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Sundays, and 8 p.m. on Mondays. For up to 10 matches each season, there is also a Friday night 8 p.m. TV slot. Other matches may also be moved to Sunday, usually because one of the teams involved played in a UEFA Europa Leaguefixture the preceding Thursday. This can sometimes result in midday, 2:15 p.m., and 4:30 p.m. Sunday kick-offs, with the 12:00 game sometimes being broadcast on BT Sport. The 2:15 p.m. game will sometimes kick off at 2 pm.

Sky Sports will almost always show a Saturday 5:30 p.m. as well as a Sunday 4:30 p.m. game live, typically following a Sunday 2 p.m. or 2:15 p.m. kick off as part of a Super Sunday double-bill. Two matches per midweek round will also be picked for live broadcast by BT Sport on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at either 7:30 p.m. or 8:15 pm. The only two exceptional cases are the opening midweek round and Boxing Day where all 10 games from each round are shown by Amazon Prime Video.

BT Sport broadcasts live Premier League games at 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays.

Each broadcaster is subjected to restrictions on the number of times they can show each team live per season to ensure fair distribution of TV revenue. Similarly, each team must appear at least once in each TV slot.

Ahh thatā€™s annoying, well ignore me then.

Itā€™s frustrating because in Denmark every single PL game gets shown every Saturday and Sunday.

We have Viaplay since the start of this season and they show EVERY PL game live as well.

Love the Scandinavians <3

1 Like

We have to think about poor old Salisbury Town Cristo you heartless bastard do you want them to go bust

A really fair way to distribute TV revenue would just be to fairly distribute TV revenue.

5 Likes

Itā€™s such an awful system.

Every single game should be a pay-per-view option including 3pm kickoffs.

Iā€™d happily pay Ā£5-Ā£10 every weekend to watch Arsenal play but Iā€™ll be damned if I pay Ā£40 a month for sky and Ā£35 a month for BT to watch 2-3 Arsenal games a month.

Cunts.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy:

Itā€™s just so stupid because itā€™s not like Iā€™m going to go and watch my local conference south team play just because I canā€™t watch Arsenal lol I donā€™t even know who my local team are ffs

1 Like

I have Sky sports for Ā£20 through now and Ā£25 for BT on the monthly pass. I like watching football in general tho so donā€™t mind paying for quality reliable ways to watch it on my tv.

Hopefully this prehistoric blackout rule is axed in the next contract.

1 Like

Mate, we should be getting a lot more football on Sky for what we pay. They canā€™t appease us with EFL and WSL.

Sky want to keep their arsenal slots for bigger games. They are capped its not up to them lol

Yeah fair enough, that makes sense.

I literally only ever watch Arsenal so that just doesnā€™t make financial sense for me. Iā€™ll occasionally watch a game like City vs Liverpool or City vs United etc. if Iā€™ve got nothing else on and theyā€™re close to each other in the league but otherwise Arsenal are the only team I bother watching live.

4 Likes

By contrast the only streaming service I have is prime for the Amazon bit not the prime bit :joy:

Iā€™ll only get Netflix or Disney if there is something l want to watch

I have Spotify but does that count? :joy:

1 Like

:joy:

Yeah Iā€™ve got Prime, Apple TV, Netflix, Disney and NowTV (for HBO) lol

Weā€™re like ying and Yang with our tab habits haha

1 Like

Now TV is something I had until last week haha nothing else l want to watch on it.

Iā€™ll get it back when stuff I watch comes back

Ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous.

The broadcast rules for the EPL for UK viewers is bizarre and pretty antiquated.

I remember many years ago, NFL games used to be ā€œblacked outā€ locally if the game wasnā€™t sold out. I wonder if the silly rules for the UK are based upon something (out dated) and similar?

1 Like

Apparently Gabs is out for tomorrow. Big chance for Eddie to do some damage against the cucumber farmers.

Says who