Laurent Koscielny

5 Likes

Haha I knew that could come out. Admittedly at one stage in time I was a reasonable fan of Koscielny but I think with the benefit of hindsight, I was able to reflect properly on him. I think my opinion on him started to lessen towards the ends of his time here.

1 Like

Oh fuckā€¦

_20191118_173537

27_AM

5 Likes

Time for a confessionā€¦ Youā€™ve been going a bit ham on Koscielny recently, and I was like, ā€œIā€™m sure he used to be a bit of a fan of Kos, let me check his posts in the threadā€

Which I did, and to be fair, I think youā€™ve been pretty damn consistent actually. But I found that one fucking little bit where you begrudgingly said that by the standard of defending at that time, youā€™d just about put him in that top bracket.

So I worded my post very carefully hoping youā€™d say you disagreed so I could cherry pick that one tiny bit and act like I was dunking on you :joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy: nah you got me there bro. I had a feeling someone would anyway

1 Like

We are all guilty at times of not being 100% objective about our own players (good or bad) at timesā€¦ no harm in adjusting ones opinion with more data and time to reflect - sadly, in our political time this seems like the biggest crime of all.

3 Likes

I feel like youā€™re drawing a bigger, deeper conclusion from me bantering SRCJJ than is warranted haha

1 Like

cough AC cough Yaya Sanogo

1 Like

I wasnā€™t meaning to glom you into that category directly - I think him calling himself out moresoā€¦ it is part and parcel of football banter to tease people for old opinions or call them out when they have changed :santi:

3 Likes

Is that hindsight or to do with his fading star though?

In 13/14 we only conceeded 21 PL goals aside from the capitulations against Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Everton. Iā€™d have to rewatch those to see if Kos was at fault but I donā€™t want to. Still upset about turning down a family gathering to watch Chelsea hammer us. We could of scored first against them if Giroud put his chance away and then maybe itā€™d be a different game.

1 Like

I was with the ā€œin lawsā€ and watched the match with them. Because it was the early kick off I then had to sit there all afternoon totally sober and stewing. I wish Iā€™d swerved the whole occasion like you, awful afternoon lol

YESSIR LJUNG AINā€™T THAT THE TRUTH, CONSISTENCY IS THE HOBGOBLIN OF LITTLE MINDS AND ONLY BIG MINDS GO BACK AND FORTH ON RAMSEY FROM ONE EXTREME TO THE OTHER 100 TIMES :fist:t5::fist:t5::fist:t5:

1 Like

This gave me a chuckle on the train. Top work

1 Like

Fucking hell that was 8 years ago? Doesnā€™t feel like that long ago at all. Was this also the one where the news of Newcastle scoring went around the Spurs fans at WHL, only for the thick cunts to realise we were still winning :arteta:

5 Likes

Koscielny bottled it in cups but he was crucial in securing last day Top 4 finishes.

Apart from the equaliser in the 2014 FA Cup final injuring himself in the process :wink:

4 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

Cry me a fucking river prick

3 Likes

Bitching about the French national team.
Bitching about Arsenal.
Bitching about Bordeaux.

No wonder our defence looked shit since Mert was gone.
This guy was made captain too. :man_facepalming: