Laurent Koscielny

2 Likes

Much much better than Holding as captain.

1 Like

Lol this was so overblown in retrospect. If they’d shown some flashy graphics of him in an arsenal kit and then flashy graphics of him in a Bordeaux kit nobody would have given a shit. This was just a budget reveal.

9 Likes

Still think it was a dickhead move lol

5 Likes

Maybe in hindsight it doesn’t look like a big deal but at the time there was tension with how Koscielny decided to go on strike and refused to travel to the US with the team because the club told him they needed him for another season.

1 Like

Specially when he was downgrading and joining fucking Bordeaux.

Made himself look a twat lol

2 Likes

See you guys this time next year to relitigate this one again :grin:

2 Likes

He was angry at the club so I don’t really blame him. If I understand the situation correctly he was on an injury prevention training program with wenger to prolong his career but he returned from injury under emery and he made him play with pain killer injections every game, he played alot of games in a short space of time straight after recovery.

1 Like

Come off it. Kos made the final call about playing at the end of the day.

1 Like

Koz was a bit of a tool, frustrated me on that pitch loads too, very good athlete but not a thinker.

1 Like

Had some big moments for the club, but when I see his name, I instantly think of the Birmingham final or the “self-goal” against Aletico and seeing that clown Griez dance around :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yeh unfortunately I can’t get past those moments either, especially when you consider how far apart they were. He had one true weakness in his game which was critical thought and he never once improved upon it in his entire time here. Could have been one of the best best defenders if he just worked on his decision making. Also annoys me how he got himself sent off in a meaningless league game before the FA Cup final.

Mentally he’s not far off the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi where you genuinely wonder if they are self saboteurs at heart. Athletically and technically far better than those two but his decision making boarders on being a fucking idiot. Even the fashion in which left Arsenal, personally it made me feel vindicated in my assumption of him as a person and player but he had loads of fans here who thought he was better than what he was and he’s essentially shat all over their cult fandom of him.

1 Like

What I loved about Kos though was on his day he couldn’t potentially pocket any player in the world.

Be interesting to see why

Probably acted like a prick again

4 Likes

Might be on a decent wage that they want rid of. Guessing he’s probably on 6 months left of his contract and they looking to force him out this month.

There were some rumours that the club promised to let him go in January, as he find Ligue 1 to pyhsical for his age and injury record, seems like they did not kept their part of the deal and his now angry

My heart bleeds