Laurent Koscielny

The Sokratis signing has made him even better IMO. He’s now got a proper defender to play with, someone who shares the same desire and takes pride in defending as much as he does. Great partnership.

10 Likes

Performing like this whilst being in pain and going through all sorts shows his character.

Always been one that can be counted on.

1 Like

Among the many reasons for wanting to win this competition, this would be such a great full circle story if Koscielny was able to come back after that horrendous injury in the semis last season to come back and win it after all he’s been through us over the last 9 years. Wonderful servant to the club. Happy I stuck by him while he was being written off a few months ago, never doubt Kos :kosc:

9 Likes

He’s definitely playing though pain and inhections. He probably thinks fuck it there’s not a lot left in the tank anyway, so might as well.

2 Likes

BOSSMANN

Really highlights the gap in tactical nous between Emery and Wenger.

4 Likes

Love this guy.

The thought of this time last year his career as a defender with us being over was quite saddening, I live his battling personality!

He’s played some of his best football under Emery in years for me. I thought he was finished but he looks like he got a spring in his step. Also helps he’s got a very good partner beside him in Sokratis and not the disaster of Mustafi. Still think we need at least another top class CB, but he could do a job as a squad player going forward imo. Him, Holding, Mavropanos, Sokratis and Top class CB, we should be alright for Center Defensive.

I can’t get used to having a captain that actually plays

9 Likes

Really puts to bed the idea that players over 30 should be discarded ASAP as they can’t add value to the team

5 Likes

Apart from Wenger (to a degree) who ever believed this?

I was about to say it doesn’t say anything about a Bosman. I hope we give him a season extension.

I see loads of posters/pundits saying we should get rid of older players or move them on asap because they’re 30+

I think the issue is that they tend to be on higher wages at that point and every year is a higher risk on the decline/injury curve. I think CB can go a bit longer if they have brains though. The biggest worry for Koss is that he has Achilles and back issues that are chronic… isn’t he getting injections to play?

Have to start thinking about moving around as you get old.

1 Like

I am one of them. That age has shifted to 32 but there are very few players who maintain a good form post 30, especially considering the wages they are on.

How many players can you name who are worldclass in their 30s (not based on reputation)?

Barzagli
Messi
Ronaldo
Chiellini
Sergio Ramos
Dani Cunt Alves
Modric
Luis Suarez
Rakitic
Sokratis for me still doing bits
David Luiz

Happy to carry on if you like

Koscielny

2 Likes

Oh yeah :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Give him a 2 year extension for me. At a very high level at the moment and loves the club and I love him.

1 Like

lulz