La Liga

Do you feel like Kroos is finally starting to decline? Wasn’t pleased with him, same for the PSG match.

ooo yes my friend and I have for a couple of years maybe. he turns it on every three games or so and you see what he can do, but in a way he is a bit of a traffic cone without the ball some games, not unlike Xhaka in the sense that he has good forward passing but often doesn’t do much else. That was fine when he was in his prime and CR7 and Bale were running around up there but now it’s a bit too much weight to drag around some games. it’s more apparent when the rest of the squad isn’t as good as it was then perhaps.

I’d sell him if I were Real, but it might depend on who their “long term” manager is if it isn’t Carlo. How they want to set up their mf. Mbappe is probably coming, I bet Kroos would love to ping balls in the space in front of him all game but can they cope with him defensively another couple of seasons? idno.

1 Like

Madrid desperately needs new blood. Mbappe will be useful but no point chasing Erling too.
Need to finally address the ageing midfield. A certain Frenchman that loves to play with Benzie and Mbappe will be available, I reckon he would be a good addition to the team.

No matter how shit Barça are they have a performance like this in at the Bernabeu. Genuinely think under Xavi they could dominate Spain easily

Also gotta say it’s great seeing the capital getting a humiliation like that :heart_eyes:

:santi:

getting Pogba would be a moral victory in winning “the long game”, having been rumoured to Real plenty and has struggled at United these years he didn’t go.

Otherwise I absolutely think it is possible they go for another CF. I wouldn’t give, say, Håland great odds but it’s not impossible. I think Isco, Marcelo and Bale are leaving which might make up Mbappe’s salary lol but then depending on how many of all the Rodrygos, Jovices etc they can offload they might go for another striker to start some sort of young trio there (Vini is like 21 and Mbappe 23 or w/e).

Just need a reliable backup striker. No point spending big on one now. RdT has been linked and you can leverage the Madrid DNA to get him in.
You can go big one after Benzie is done.

1 Like

yeah or bully your way in and yoink some Gerard Moreno type for a couple of years and then go big.

Either way, I think if you get Pogba, sack Kroos and bid Modric farewell eventually you can actually get a pretty cool mf with Pogba in a free role like he had at Juvel, infront of a responsible Camavinga-Casemiro combo. plus/minus a windmilling flailing Valverde. It’s not crazy.

1 Like

And then add Tchouameni.

Shifting;

Hazard, Bale, Isco, Marcelo would be great for the wage bill. Finding out how to replace Modric and Kroos would be massive too. I think the signing of Mbappe means they could go into next year with Mbappe, Benzema and Vini as the front 3 which is - on paper - absolutely deadly.

I think they need a commanding CB, a new right back too.

1 Like

Who the hell is gonna buy Hazard though, his wages and his form/injuries would be a huge off put, nevermind they would want to recoup some of the stupid fee they paid.

Barcelona will be back completing for the title next season.

1 Like

Dembele beasting under Xavi, shame we didn’t steal him in Jan.

1 Like

Well not much of a competition to stop them anyway.
Seville & A.Madrid are at 57, 54 which is where Arsenal are at currently.

Very quickly the brand has evolved back on point. This will then start opening up commercial deals, partners, sponsors. In short they will be attractive again to players and agents. Didnt take long.

Glad he’s showing his class. Always thought he was… class. :hipster:

1 Like

Fab reporting Kessie to Barca is done including medical. Fs they are so back.

I mean it’s pretty clear he was never going to be there for long but if they sack him now that would be disrespectful lol

1 Like

Madridistas are not happy about how the Clasico went. Some may have played it off by saying it’s an irrelevant match that won’t stop Madrid from winning the league but ultimately, a slap like that against a Barca that was belittled to no end this season is pretty embarrassing.
I hope they give him until the end of the season. Ancelotti has done well with what he has, he earned to see out the season before going.

2 Likes