La Liga

Quite interesting how Villareal are moving so freely, and now Sociedad are getting David Silva yet other clubs are on life support.

2 Likes

Big fan of shock signings. Thought Silva to Lazio was official for some reason. But I can totally get on board with these out of the blue signings. Beats a long drawn out transfer saga any day of the week.

Speaking of Koeman

Great signing for Sociedad. I love Athletic and Sociedad so cant wait for that Copa del Rey’s final!

Was Barcelona even in for David Silva? Seems like an opportunity missed on their part given the dearth of talent at Barca.

Well played Sociedad.

Fuck I thought the Lazio thing was actually a done deal, absolutely amazing scenes.

Only win there the 4-0 against us :joy:

2 Likes

I believe that was when Mane took the piss out of us then Szczesny smoked in the shower right. What a time.

1 Like

One of the less memorable instances of Wenger getting us battered by another English side. There are just so many.

1 Like

Nah that was the January of that year.

This is the one Martina (who) scored a screamer :rofl:

2 Likes

Cold world.

4 Likes

Is it true that Abidal was the one who pushed for the Griezy deal?

Thats the way most businesses run that - get rid of the person getting rid - less hassle.

1 Like

I just read that.
I bet not many people thought he’d be manager of Barcelona a few seasons later after he was sacked by Everton.

It’s only a matter of time before Big Sam rocks up at Real Madrid

1 Like

I know Koeman is a Barce man but WTF are they doing??? They could of tried to poach Nagelsmann or Klopp or they could have had Allegri, Poch (unless being an Espaniol player DQs him) or Wenger

It does according to himself lol

Doubt he actually believes that, if he does he’s actually a moron that’s in the wrong business I’m afraid.
The Poch shine is slowly fading away, he better cash in on it. The guy was touted to be the next Man Utd or Madrid coach a year and a half ago. Massive decline.

1 Like

I think when he left spurs he saw it as quite opportune. A nice little pay off and it looked likely at that time that the united job coming available was only a matter of when. It’s almost a year later and most of the jobs you would think he’d be interested in don’t appear to be coming up any time soon and even when they have done (Barca, Juve) he doesn’t even appear to have been in the conversation. Unless PSG come calling he might have to accept a step backwards as his next career move.

1 Like