La Liga

1-3 Modric

1 Like

Yet again Barca fail to win

Griezmann hasnā€™t touched a single ball since he came on i think.

Heā€™s been a total flop since arriving. Both him and De Ligt didnā€™t do well in their first seasons and De Jong has carried that form forward.

1 Like

He hasnā€™t flopped since he joined , he was good in the first half of the season and then got injured.

Also been playing under scrubs for how long now.

:syringe::syringe::syringe::syringe:

1 Like

I mean you donā€™t afford the same understanding to Pogba. Heā€™s had shit midfield partners and played under terrible management (and largely out of his preferred midfield role) for much of his time at United.

The kid wasnā€™t good last season and heā€™s started this season as he ended last.

His upside might be high but it hasnā€™t been good enough so far. I feel sorry for him because I really rate him highly but it just hasnā€™t been good.

Pogba has been at United for four years bro, how is that comparable :joy:

His main midfield partners it his time at United:

Matic, McTominay, Pereira, Fred

His managers:

Over the hill Mourinho, OGS

There has never been a time that Pogba has been at United that heā€™s had anything close to assembling a good set of midfield partners around him.

Fernandes is the closest thing heā€™s had (and last seasons Fred) and lo and behold he returns post lockdown from a long injury and was one of the better producing players in the PL. He has started this season unfit and carrying an injury.

You canā€™t give De Jong a pass like he isnā€™t in a team which still has tool quality players and blame the managers and the systems and then criticise Pogba when heā€™s had to contend with 4 years of bullshit at United. Instability, poor management, poor squad building.

1 Like

de Jong mostly plays safe passes. I donā€™t see how whoever was the manager at the time, is to blame for that.

Besides, SetiƩn is good and Valverde is great.

The excuses for Pogba just donā€™t wash anymore man, heā€™s being benched because heā€™s playing poorly. Your teammates being average should mean you are not consistent.

After a while you need to look at the player, he is and has always been a guy that needs all the cast and for everything to be perfect. Essentially becoming a luxury player these days, not a good look for someone who is supposedly world class.

Pogba is all talent and hype, he ainā€™t that dude.

1 Like

De Jong actually look pretty good for the most part today, and far superior to Busquets.

The fact is Barca have failed to get over Guardiola, whoever comes after him just canā€™t compare.

Albeit Enrique is someone who I felt was harshly done by, the other not a chance.

Pogba is a supreme talent thatā€™s why he was a focal point in a World Cup winning squad and an absolute key superstar for a team that made two Champions League finals in three seasons (and took Pepā€™s Bayern to their limit in the season between them).

The end of the day you canā€™t expect the guy to perform miracles when heā€™s surrounded by complete dross.

Heā€™s had plenty of fitness issues too and itā€™s documented heā€™s been playing when not fit this season and without being close to the required level of match fitness.

Thatā€™s the thing though bro youā€™re telling me heā€™s ā€œtalentedā€, so many footballers are talented. Heā€™s 27 years old, we should no longer be talking talent, we should talking production and consistency because that and only that is what makes one truly elite.

You mention the world cup, dude they would have won it without him. He wasnā€™t their best player not even close.

Iā€™m not expecting him to perform miracles but if heā€™s as good as you and some others believe then he should be far more consistent and dominant, how many great games has he had in five years? I could probably count on one hand. We should be looking at that United team and saying damn Pogba is doing all he can and being let down, reality is he is frequently just as bad or anonymous.

He ainā€™t no second coming of Yaya and will be a footnote in PL history, he is no great player.

1 Like

Real Madrid arenā€™t at the peak of their powers but theyā€™ll still likely win La Liga due to no one else being good enough.

1 Like

De Jong should have went to PSG the idiot.

Messi player-manager-president now

BBC reporting it now

boooo i wanted to see them get Barcelona in the toilet and Messi leave.

Well it was obvious whatā€™s been going on behind the scenes among Europes biggest clubs.

Kinda big news to drop as youā€™re leaving :joy:

1 Like