Kostantinos Mavropanos

Just sell him. Players who “play” for Arsenal for years without ever playing are fucking boring and never come good here

1 Like

Is it? Don’t think being compared to Upamecano in terms of pace means he’s excelling as a CB. :sweat_smile:

Big future ahead. Type of player that would be linked with Leicester and then end up with some of our fans bemoaning the fact we weren’t in for him :grin:

4 Likes

Arsenal extending his contract and loaning him out paid off then. We can re-evaluate his situation come summer. We can either stick with him next season or sell for a solid fee.

1 Like

Gabriel, Saliba, Holding, Luiz, Pablo Mari. If Luiz gets a renewal, Mavropanos will either have to be loaned out (should renew his contract again if that’s the case), or sold.

Questions I still have is whether he can play in a four man defence and if he’s able to play comfortably from the back under pressure.

I stand by my quoted post below.

1 Like

Do you actually think Luiz gets a renewal? Personally, I really doubt it. Only way I see it is if there is an agreement for Luiz to start transitioning into a coach under Arteta.

I thought this guy was surely sold… I was impressed with him when Wenger gave him the chance against United years ago, maybe it was his debut. I can’t remember ever seeing him play again after that, I know he had injury problems, thought he was lost.
Really a nice surpurise knowing we actually have another big CB talent on our books… If I was Arteta I’d put Gabriel, Saliba and him in the first plan, with Luiz in the background (his experience could be useful throughout the season, but I don’t consider him essential). If Luiz is off, Mari takes his role.

Just give young players the chance basically… Either way you put it our CBs will make mistakes, but I’d rather see Saliba making those mistakes and learning from them, than Luiz doing those.

He’s not coming back. If we get 5 million happy days.

1 Like

And will make an average Bundesliga side very happy too. His level.

2 Likes

Mavropanos averages the most tackles and interceptions per game in the BL and about twice as many per game as our highest

1 Like

It’s kinda strange how eager some are for this guy to be sold, and not only that but on the cheap. Trying to get my head round it - is it an anti Sven thing? Anti Wenger? Him being one of Arsenes last cheap buys. Surely if he’s impressing then we should be eager to give him a try here looking at some of the shit options we have at CB :grin:

1 Like

No it’s him being crap when he was here. Top ten in Germany isn’t changing my opinion.
Typical Arsenal just plodding about when it’s obvious he’s no future here.
Covid market means your also not making anything on him money wise.

Was he crap, or just injured for the majority of time after his few appearances when he looked half decent?! :roll_eyes::grin:

1 Like

Which performances was that. Got sent off once and subbed twice at half time.
Once against a team was down to ten men. Dream on though.

Everyone was raving about his performance up at Old Trafford on his debut…

Subbed off at HT, was that the Palace game when Emery randomly chucked him in in a mismash of a team? Jenkinson at RWB, FFS.

1 Like

Think it was them or Brighton and the other was at Watford. Which was bizarre and a sad indictment when Troy Deeney the main forward was sent off.

The thing is a footballer isn’t a constant. A young centreback with little to no experience is going to blunder. Rio Ferdinand blundered plenty at West Ham and Leeds but eventually ironed it out of his game.

Statistically he’s performing well and he has immense physical potential

Defending

Clean sheets

Interceptions per game

Tackles per game

Possession won (final third)

Dribbled past per game

Clearances per game

Error leading to shot

Error leading to goal

Penalty committed

2 Likes

Every CB has immense physical potential. I don’t get blown away by numbers tbh on defenders. Honestly believe if we sold him tomorrow we won’t hear of him again.

1 Like

Cha-ching.
Arsenal making bank this summer.