Kieran Tierney (Loan: Real Sociedad)

Not that it matters really but tonight is the first time he’s posted on insta since January 2022 :joy:

1 Like

Amogst all the disappointment today thought he had a great game.
Fully committed and didn’t let us down. Reliable performer.

6 Likes

Yeah he doesnt give us quite the same product as Zinchenko but he was pretty handy today and absolutely excellent tackle near the end on Bowen.

Still think the long-term move is to replace with someone a bit more suited to what we do but hard to fault him for much today.

1 Like

Whipped in a terrific ball that really should have been tapped home by Jesus.

1 Like

Didn’t he lose Bowen for the goal?

Yup he did

That was Gabriel. Had a shocker

We saw today why Zincheno is starting every game ahead of him. Clunky, clumsy, slow and one footed. His only quality is a bit more steel in defense and a whipped cross.

If we can get 40m for him in the summer i consider it very good business.

I’m blaming Holding and White for not pushing up in line with the rest of the defence there

How did that not get attacked. A sitter that.

Tbf, it was hard for Jesus to get to that but Saka could have hit first time there with Fabianski being badly positioned.
Even after that, Saka could have passed it to Odegaard but he delayed making a decision so West Ham were well positioned by the time he sent that ball to Martinelli.

Yep Saka was just so slow in his decision making today and cost us multiple opportunities.

No he should be following in his pass. I’ll give him the benefit on match fitness but he’s scoring that early season.

Needs to be sold in the summer, doesn fit in at all at the way we play, we could get solid money for him, bring in younger version of zinchenko

1 Like

As good as he is defensively, we missed Zin, as it resulted in one less creative body when going forward. I think we felt that early on when many of Tierney’s passes were being picked up by the opposition, and towards the end of the game when we didn’t assert dominance in attack.

I’d agree with the previous post about looking to bring in quality young version of Zinny, but like trying to find the next Partey, might be a bit of a unicorn. I wonder if there are any Hale End prodigies that are being developed in such a way.

I’m surprised we haven’t really seen Tierney as cover for LCB as he has demonstrated capability in that position at international level with Robertson on the outside. Id have thought that would reasonably work in Arteta’s system as Gabriel tends to roam in that left area of the defense when we’re sending players forward in attack.

Very impressed that he played in the inverted role. I think he did well all things considered.

4 Likes

Slightly surprised Mikel doesn’t swap it and play white inside when Zinky is out but I guess it’s easier to keep the same positions and force Tierney to do it.

2 Likes

Was thinking this too but like you say, it’s probably easier on a team level to keep that role on the left side, means we arent asking the entire right side to change things up to accomodate.

He values White to much at RB to bring into the centre

Should have just let him play his natural game overlapping.

2 Likes