Kanu

3 Likes

He didn’t even have a thread on OA yet??

:ginger:

2 Likes

His best goal?

Choice between back heel v Boro, the tight angle winner v Chelsea and the flick and shot v Spurs.

1 Like

The winner against Chelsea for me, super goal, and he won us that game when we bloody awful for most of it…A goal never to be forgotten…

7 Likes

I knew Kanu mostly from his time at other clubs, always liked him though

Kanu and Wiltord are two of my absolute favourites.

Kanu was also part of a pretty tidy Nigeria team

3 Likes

To have backups like that nowadays :fire:

5 Likes

This photo is pretty iconic for me @AM_Exile. Absolutely love that kit, it was the first one I ever had. I had the shirt (Overmars on the back) but on Cup Final day in 98 my dad gave me the shorts and socks to go with it, and off I went off to Old Wembley as an eight year old full kit wanker to see us beat Newcastle. I still remember being fairly terrified of some of the big topless Geordie men until after the game when we walked past one who was really friendly and nice despite having just lost. Great memories.

6 Likes

Players of that quality just aren’t content to be back up anymore these days.

That’s why it’s so hard for clubs like us, because we’re not big enough/rich enough like Real Madrid or Bayern to keep big talent on the bench as back up. So we have to shoehorn Lacazette and Aubameyang into the XI and have Nketiah level quality as back up.

I’ll always love him for Stamford Bridge in the 99/2000 season.

The year after we came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at the Bridge also.

1 Like

That game v Man U to win the league :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Can you remember what sort of injury Henry had to miss that game ?

I remember Obviously Wiltord and Kanu playing.

Henry blatantly had an Ozil injury, man. :joy:

Wenger always used to never play him v ManUre so he had a ready made excuse.

1 Like
4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes