Jose Antonio Reyes(RIP)

35 is no age to die. Rip

Wow that is shocking and horrible. RIP.

People often forget with this guy just how good he was after that game v Man United at Old Trafford. Lazy pundit logic is that he was finished after that. However, he was such a consistent performer thereafter. Grabbing goals when needed, but really just doing an immaculate job down the wing.

Really was a professional. I liked him and thought he was a good player. Very very heartbreaking.

Still an Invincible :heart:

12 Likes

Saw a Chelsea fan on Reddit say this:

Not so invincible after all. :frowning:

For fucks sake. RIP.

Very talented player that always left me feeling he never quite fitted in fully. Gave us some great moments all the same.
Devastating news though and sadness for his family. Thank you for the service but this is just wrong. RIP.

He was a record signing when we bought him and showed glimpses that he could be a great player for us but there were a lot of rumours he couldn’t adjust to London and wanted to go back to Spain.

If he was at Seville, in recent seasons maybe Emery would have been his manager but I’m not sure they were there together.

He played for both Real Madrid and Atletico, which doesn’t happen very often, and got around twenty caps for Spain as well so it proves he was a top quality player.
That’s terrible news for his family.

2 Likes

RIP Reyes
What sad and terrible news .

They were there together.

The Spaniard had been at the club for a season and a half when Emery arrived and was low on confidence.

“When I came here [Sevilla], the supporters said to me, ‘please don’t play Reyes’," Emery explained. "I said to him, ‘Jose, do you know what they’re saying about you?’.

“We worked on it & now every time he goes out at the Sanchez Pizjuan, the crowd are chanting, ‘Reyes! Reyes!”

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow came back to this news and hit me like a punch to the stomach…what in the actual fuck, incredibly sad rip good man :santi:

Deeply sad and speechless after knowing this tragic news. I’ll never forget your magic and your smile, Jose, never. It was an honor to be by your side… A strong hug and all the spirit of the world to family, friends and clubs to which he represented. RIP Friend

4 Likes

Shit just read this.

Horrible age to die.

2 Likes

179.9k Likes, 1,617 Comments - Cesc Fàbregas (@cescf4bregas) on Instagram: “Mi primer gran amigo en el mundo del fútbol profesional, mi compañero de habitación, que siempre…”

‘My first great friend in the world of professional football, my roommate, who always wanted to sleep with the air conditioning even at -10 degrees.

A humble guy who always had a smile on his face, great footballer and great person. I could not wake up today in a worse way.

I will never forget when you and your family welcomed me at your home in my first Christmas in England when I was alone and was 16 years old. I will never forget our tennis football matches in the gym before and after workouts.

Our connection in the field was also special, since it was always easy to find yourself between the lines so that you could later mark the differences. I always say that you have been one of the greatest talents in our football and I know that I am not wrong. 2 days ago I was talking about you in an interview, it might be a sign, who knows, to remember you, my great friend.

I will never forget you, we will never forget you. Always in our hearts. Rest in peace Jose Antonio Reyes. Love you very much.’

19 Likes

Tragic, it doesn’t seem long ago that he seemed like our top prospect

Awful news. Fuck sake

Really horrible, RIP.

Just saw the story on the Beeb site. So horribly tragic to lose his young life like that. R.I.P. José.

A minute’s silence at the CL final today. Let’s hope Spurs and Liverpool fans show a bit of respect.

Sometimes you can pick up in words alone just how much something or someone means, like with Cesc’s tribute there. Wow.