Jose Antonio Reyes(RIP)

“Stand up for the champions" :grin:

1 Like

It’s not some funeral gathering, it’s a thread on a message board in English that no one related to Reyes will ever read. You’re reaching

2 Likes

Yes agreed, same goes for my comment.

Yeah difference being you’re making a lame ass joke/attempt at a troll at the expense of one of our former players who died at 35, were just following the course of the conversation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are right in that regards.
Pfft not a big deal, let’s end it now.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The R.I.P thread

Love it. Reminds me of the ‘Wiltooooooord’ at Old Trafford.

Do we have a clip of that?

Of course.

6 Likes

Awesome. Love the Wenger celebration too.

For a while I was absolutely amazed how Kanu managed to jump over Wiltord standing with his hand up in the air… Took me quite a while to realise he was on his knees. Such a disappointment.

2 Likes

Wiltord man. He was a good player and I feel like he doesn’t get enough credit.

Think he was our club record at the time we bought him and he did a damn good job coming in and out of the team alternating on the wings and upfront.

2 Likes

At 30 secs I remember watching that live thinking how the hell did Kanu just jump over his head?! He was obviously on his knees :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A year has gone by already. :pray:

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The R.I.P thread

4 Likes

I was so excited for Reyes when he arrived. This Chelsea game was a huge statement from him and honestly I feel like he had so much to offer.

3 Likes

Brilliant little player was Reyes.

I liked how he had a parting shot at Cashley when he left Arsenal :joy:

1 Like

He was a red hot prospect but overall I was disapointed on not pushing on somewhat. He seemed the much better prospect than RVP at the time

2 Likes

I think he made that LW position his own for about 2 seasons. He wasn’t as good as Pires or Overmars in that position but we haven’t had anyone better than Reyes since.

The sad narrative is Gary Son-of-a-fatherless-jackal Neville “broke” him. He didn’t.

It was just the weather here in the end that was the deciding factor for Reyes. It’s a shame but, as Wenger said, he can’t change the weather for him.

6 Likes
4 Likes