Jorginho

No justification for this unless it was in addition to Partey or Aouar.

2 Likes

Signing Jorginho sounds even more depressing than signing no one else. Canā€™t take another player from Chelsea.

Personally itā€™s just not a ā€œthe only way is upā€ type of signing. It feels very stop gap or last minute get someone half decent type of signing Arsenal seem to be good at doing that they struggle to offload when they want to get rid of them lol. Another Chelsea cast off is not a good sign for a club wanting to show their ambitious.

If you were signing Aouar and Zaha with Jorginho thrown in, it wouldnā€™t upset me too much. But if heā€™s the only bit of business we do, itā€™s not looking good for Arsenal sadly.

1 Like

What are we? Some kind of Suicide Squ- Arsenal Football Club??

3 Likes

If he comes heā€™ll be our best midfielder

Maybe. But him and Xhaka, Ceballos all (should) play the same role! It makes no sense to have them all three.

1 Like

Jorginho is a quality midfielder, he just sounded underwhelming considering we all wanted a younger player with more of an upside.
But Iā€™m mostly concerned how would Arteta use him. Heā€™s surely a much more competent DLP than Xhaka, heā€™s actually good when pressed, pretty comfortable, no Xavi, but goodā€¦ Unlike Granit who panics and starts to trip over his own legs when someone 40 meters away from him starts running towards him. Quality vision, can open up play. Obviously vulnerable defensively and Iā€™m not sure we have the right type of midfielders at our disposal to support him (OK, Iā€™m pretty sure we donā€™t have those).

Playing 3 at the back may cover for his deficensies and having Xhaka and Jorginho should make us transition better. Either way I donā€™t see us moving to 4 at the back this season.

Why this guy though? Like if we wanted Partey there are a lot of younger DM types who could play that role for us at half the price, if we wanted Aouar then there are alternatives for him as well. But I just donā€™t understand what weā€™re trying to do as all of these players have a different profile and fulfill a different role! If it wasnā€™t before it now definitely looks like we donā€™t have a transfer policy.

Fucking clueless

4 Likes

I imagine if it did happen it would be because Chelsea want to bin him and heā€™s therefore available on loan, not because heā€™s #2 on some statDNA master index as exactly what we need.

Basically cheapish cover for Xhaka Iā€™d imagine until we buy in 2021.

1 Like

Yeah I donā€™t disagree with that, itā€™s a pretty sad situation.

If we donā€™t add the right players to the squad we might be looking at more of the performances we had at West Ham, but this time not fluking a win. Another season out of the CL and another shitty league finish and what kind of players would we even be realistically looking to buy?

Arteta was very candid about needing players. Honestly if I was him and the board didnā€™t back me I would just leave. Fuck that. Heā€™s already got the most he can get out of these players.

2 Likes

Jorginho, in stead of Elneny, Torreira and Willock, is probably back up for Ceballos and Xhaka indeed. Rather an improvement on the first eleven.

Heā€™s better than nothing.
So heā€™ll walk straight into our team and be the best midfielder.

1 Like

Isnā€™t this the exact weakness that made him the ultimate target for every opposition Chelsea face? I feel like Iā€™m missing something if this has now changed.

He does start every game for them to be fair so Iā€™m not sure what is going on with this.

2 Likes

Jorhinho is miles better than Elneny and Xhaka. Would be an instant starter in our team.

4 Likes

:gabriel:

Do you not agree?

He clearly would be lol

Well this was a pretty grim few days lol.

2 Likes

Cal, how dare you bump this topic at this time!!

5 Likes