Jorginho (20)

Drop the fucking halo mate.

3 Likes

Yeah agree. Itā€™s them or Leeds youā€™d think. Garcia style is foing to be key.
If he tightens them up a bit they could have the edge.
Think they have the better attack and creativity. Everton will be the more pragmatic.
I think the two south coast teams have gone. Two poorest managers in the League. Both got the jobs by default really.

1 Like

Yeah.

It actually feels like a ā€œlast roll of the diceā€ for Southampton on Saturday evening, too.

If they canā€™t beat a struggling Leicester at home, the writing is pretty much on the wall.

1 Like

Im assuming you donā€™t watch any other football from around the world then, everywhere else itā€™s part and parcel of football has been for years

1 Like

So have leg breaking challenges, doesnā€™t mean people arenā€™t allowed to complain about it.

Jesus, whatā€™s so wrong with someone not liking timewasting being perpetrated from the very start of the game? Iā€™m sure heā€™s aware that these tactics have been prevalent in the world game for years, it doesnā€™t mean he has to like it ffs

4 Likes

Maybe itā€™s the way it was articulated, the " we are Arsenal we donā€™t cheat our way to the title " is a myth, Iā€™ve seen plenty of Arsenal games with the team doing little digs including time wasting to frustrate the opposition.

I also watched the whole game as I was able too and the whole time wasting argument was greatly exaggerated from my point of view anyway, maybe itā€™s because I watch the way football is played with different eyes than some people. I was brought up on Italian football so it makes sense to me.
So bearing in mind itā€™s a football forum and we are all trying to be friendly I think itā€™s perfectly reasonable to comment on what we agree or disagree on .
At the end of the day Evertonā€™s tactics didnā€™t work so fuck them and I hope they get everything they deserve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My issue with your post was the ā€œsomething happens a lot in football so why are you complaining about itā€

Plenty of things have been part and parcel of the game, like violent dangerous tackles, but we can still complain when our team/players fall victim to it. Itā€™s the same thing here.

Played a team suited to counter attacking, which is exactly not what Jorginho is suited to preventing. When weā€™ve got him and Partey fit itā€™s a great blend of skills/options to have.

4 Likes

I suppose we are reading Invincibles post in a different way then, he sees an objection to the way Everton played the game ie time-wasting and this is what I was commenting on so i I donā€™t know why you brought violent tackles into it so I think itā€™s fair when I say I donā€™t think itā€™s that much of an issue

But when I see posts here which have been made initially on social media or ex pros criticised the way we win or accusing the way Arteta is patrolling the touchline or the general shit that has been thrown at us ,here on this forum we generally tend to laugh at the idiots and call them sad cunts and rightly so, so whatā€™s the difference between this and saying thereā€™s not much wrong tactically with what Everton were doing with another poster which wasnā€™t you?

1 Like

Those tactics are all legitimate because of the way the game is officiated.

Look at the way Burnley played under Dyche. They famously hadnā€™t had a red card in years. Is that because their players were all Nesta-Maldini regens or is it because officials gave ā€œlittle old Burnleyā€ a bit more leeway in tackles because ā€œoh poor Burnley, how else are they supposed to survive in such a tough league?ā€

The same with the time wasting. It benefited us last week when Jorginho was shithousing against Leicester. It benefitted Everton when we played them away when Mee shithoused a head injury. There are ways to get around that if youā€™re an official or the League. For example, if a player claims a head injury that results in the game being stopped, they have to go off for a certain amount of time until theyā€™re cleared.

And of course we all know that officials should not be in charge of keeping time anymore because they do a horrible job at it. It would probably give ā€œproper footballā€ people a stroke but even a stopped clock while the ball is out of play is better than what the PL officials are currently doing imo.

2 Likes

No Iā€™m very happy with it where it is thanks. Iā€™d sooner have that rather than be in the gutter and trying to defend teams that essentially seek to cheat.

I watch plenty and I donā€™t like teams and players that deploy similar tactics. I also donā€™t like players that try and dive to get a penalty or players which fake injury to try to get another player booked or sent off. It is all cheating IMO. Sorry if that offends but I want to see the game played fairly and in the right way. No issue with a team who wants to set up defensively against us, thatā€™s perfectly legitimate, and it is down to us to break them down as we done last night. But it isnā€™t on, as far as I am concerned, to instruct your team to time waste from kick off. Thatā€™s anti football and has no place in the PL IMO.

And I donā€™t think that is right eitherā€¦as I said above, the refs could deal with GKs time wasting over night if they started handing out yellow cards early in games or better still sending a GK off for time wasting if they ignore the warnings. It would cut it out of the game completely.

1 Like

It is part and parcel of the game in todays world and yes you have to accept its going to happen, but when a team comes to us and starts doing it from 5 mins in your entitled to be a little annoyed and grumpy about it.

Onana went down holding his head 3 times in the first 15-20 mins!

Embarrassing really.

6 Likes

I mean the fact that the refs arenā€™t doing anything about it legitimizes those tactics.

Look, I donā€™t like the way Dyche sets his teams up. I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything particularly clever about it, I think heā€™s cultivated this weird reputation as some sort of tactical genius when heā€™s playing lowest common denominator football. I donā€™t have a ton of respect for the way his teams play. But itā€™s not up to him to police himself. He probably couldnā€™t coach a team to play nice attacking football and he knows that if he gets a bunch of scrub fucks like Tarkowski and Coady in the side and tells them to just kick people, the officials wonā€™t do anything.

1 Like

As soon as they changed the law regarding head injuries, it was going to be abused.

Itā€™s an easy way to stop play.

2 Likes

How would you feel if Everton take a point off City playing this way?

1 Like

Itā€™s even easier to correct it imo. If that player has to go off for concussion protocol and a coach is faced with the choice of playing down a man or making an emergency sub, I think faking head injuries stops real fast.

1 Like

Tarkowski had been an excellent PL defender. Very calm on the ball, good technique and good passing range. Him and Coady are very far from being scrubs lol

5 Likes

And you say I donā€™t know anything about football. Conor Coady is not good.

Who has ever said that Dyche is a tactical genius.
Heā€™s just a manager who is very good at handling low budget players into a competitive side in the lower half to mid table teams.

3 Likes

The slobbering over him after we lost last month was a bit much.