John Jensen

John-Jensen-called-Denmark-s-Euro-1992-triumph-the-greatest-fairy-tale-in-football-812714

Have to say what a good sport he is in the following clip :grin:

3 Likes

Our second best Danish player.

2 Likes

I was there when Jensen scored but unfortunately QPR got three .

4 Likes

John “Faxe” Jensen is famous for his big personality in Denmark and does a lot of punditry as well.

He’s actually basically the Danish Ray Parlour in Denmark which is quite funny.

3 Likes

anecdotes or it didn’t happen

Does that make him the Danish Romford Pele?

1 Like

Worthy of a mention in all time shite signings. Him and Jimmy Carter were big money signings that GG got wrong.

2 Likes

I was at several games when he didn’t score. :grinning:

Helder and Schwarz weren’t much better either.
I don’t what happened to Graham but he seemed to lose his touch in the transfer market after the great buys, when he first came here, like Bould, Winterburn, Dixon, Seaman, Smith, Wright, etc.

1 Like

Jimmy the Jinx Carter
There’s a name from the past

1 Like

Yeah John Jensens time at Arsenal is a long standing joke in Denmark :joy: gets referenced a lot when he’s on tv

2 Likes
1 Like

If only we signed one of the Laudrup brothers instead

2 Likes
1 Like

Why do so many of these old clips contain Martin Tyler’s voice when he clearly wasn’t commentating on the game at the time?

It’s always so obvious it been added in years later lol

1 Like

Not sure on that you know. Was a regional commentator for awhile and remember him being a big part of 86 world cup.
These sort of add ons turn up a lot though on YouTube tbf.

1 Like

There’s a few clips I’ve seen where I know he wasn’t commentating on the game at the time but his voice had been dubbed over it.

Think it’s quite obvious too, because he shows next to no enthusiasm and everything seems forced. I’ll try and find a few of the clips but I’ve never been so sure of something lol

2 Likes

Probably part of some highlight VHS released with a new commentator. Remember A LOT of these given out in the 90’s.

1 Like

Yeah that makes total sense.

@Stroller

Take this for example;

This is clearly commentary from the game. And then if you check the Arsenal Media version of the game they’ve got Martin Tyler pretending he was commentating on the game. It’s really annoying lol

2 Likes

Might it be to do with Andy Gray commentary being dubbed over for any sky sports clips after his controversy and sacking?