Joe Willock

Well obviously but we can’t do that at this very minute can we?

Though would we even if we could?

1 Like

Obviously not because we did nothing in the summer to solve our midfield scoring despite it being clear as day it’s a massive issue.

1 Like

MOTM tonight. His running and movement was a big part of the difference in our play compared to other games.

If he is allowed to be by the powers in charge, he will be exactly what @stroller wants in midfield.

1 Like

So you can agree with the point he should be starting more?

I’d still be using Willian over him at this point in time in my preferred line up.

I’d be using Willock like tonight, Europa League and domestic cup matches.

1 Like
1 Like

So that’s Leicester, Liverpool and Dundalk where Willock has been brilliant this season.
Deserves a run in the PL.

1 Like

Had a nice game but cmon man this is really not the competition to be judging anyone by tbh.

5 Likes

Based on the shit show of our game against Leicester - it is most definitely a warranted discussion.

2 Likes

Based on highlights, Willock seemed really good.

Willian isn’t a midfielder and no other Arsenal player moves box to box at pace in the way Willock does. This gives you another body in attacks.

Mate half this forum used to hate on Ramsey who was 10 x the player Willock is in terms of being a box to box mid.

I don’t think people wanted Ramsey not starting and it’s not a coincidence that A) Our points with Ramsey were massively better than without him, and B) The results went to shit after he left.

Either way we don’t have an energetic B2B in our midfield other than Willock. His pace, ball carrying and link up alone can stretch teams. Which is one of our key weaknesses

Also Willock was MOTM and that alone should be rewarded

I agree with what you’re saying about the position, I just wish we’d sign a player that’s worthy of playing that position and role for Arsenal.

My main objection to Ramsey was the backheels in dangerous areas. Not seen Joseph do that yet so let’s give him a go.

2 Likes

Maybe my dislike of Lacazette is swaying my opinion here, but I’d start Joe Willock over him. I would go more in-depth but I doubt there is any possibility of this happening unless injuries strike.

He’s in a similar situation to Nelson in that he needs game time to improve, but we’re unlikely to see him in a two-man midfield. No chance he gets selected ahead of Elneny, Xhaka, Ceballos, and Partey in a League game. Loan needed.

2 Likes

I mean he’s still young so best you can hope for is that is a glimpse into the future. Im not holding my breath but wish he would play like that in the PL :joy::joy:

2 Likes

He has been superb tonight!

So pleased for him

4 Likes

It’s now common. Looks like it’s his breakout season. Hope to see him get games in the Prem as well.

7 Likes