Jens Lehmann

How on earth did he manage to send this directly to the guy lmao

Talk about a brain fart

:joy::joy:

Somehow I always had a lingering feeling that something crazy will happen with Jens. Everything looked too clean around him.

He must have been thinking about the guys name when he was sending it and typed it in instead of who it was meant to go to, what an absolute fuck up haha

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised Jens made it this long without getting cancelled.

1 Like
1 Like

"We have found exactly what we wanted. We have got him for the money we were prepared to spend" :left_speech_bubble: ArsĆØne Wenger.

Itā€™s a good job he didnā€™t cost Ā£1 more then. :grinning:

4 Likes
7 Likes

On his day he was world class. And in 2005-2006 he was as good as any keeper in Europe not named Buffon.

I was in the pub watching Everton v Chelsea with some younger Arsenal bros. When Pickford did that incredible save where he scrambled across behind his goal line, I said ā€œthat kind of reminds me of that mad Lehmann save against Raul in the 05/06 CL runā€.

These guys are all in the early 20s and not one of them knew what the fuck I was on about.

Lads that was 16 years ago. These boys would have been 5 or 6. Itā€™s been that long. Liverpool have got to 5 CL finals in the time weā€™ve been to 1.

Anyway, one of the best saves weā€™ll ever enjoy as Arsenal fans. Such a crucial moment in the game, we progressed 1 nil over 2 legs. Itā€™s at 1.20 but the whole video is enjoyable.

5 Likes

Was 11 rows behind the goal for that one, and I canā€™t imagine Iā€™ll ever see a better save live. My jaw was practically on the floor in the moment.

7 Likes

He was unreal that entire run, until the final :cry:

1 Like

Iā€™ll never forgive the referee for the sending off. Could have given the goal and let the game go.

2 Likes

See I took the other view and glad we stayed level.
Nearly worked.

5 Likes

Would definitely have worked if Henry had buried that chance to make it 2-0 :cry:

7 Likes

Haunts me to this day. Such a tame finish. Valdes didnā€™t even have to dive, just dropped and literally held it in his hands. 2-0 and we hold on to win.

Lehmann and Henry were utterly magnificent throughout that campaign but didnā€™t deliver in the final.

Absolute heartbreak. We better get there one more time before I die.

And because weā€™re on the topic - FUCK YOU ALMUNIA BASTARD NEAR POST AND NUTMEGGED YOU CUNT

17 Likes

With the way the rest of Europe is in the mud, any PL team has a chance soon.

It will basically be PL Vs RM, PSG, Bayern and the odd fairytale story that gets smashed in the semis.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Mad Jens :sweat_smile: