Jakub Kiwior (15)

If he did, it’s 100% on Turner. It’s hard to imagine he was so meek otherwise tbf.

Nah. Gk calls that is 100% on gk

Rough start but lots of players have struggled on their first appearance for the club. We can’t right him off after one match…Ben White anyone!

2 Likes

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt tonight, but he should have just gone for that ball. Maybe he had some sort of misplaced trust in a dodgy goalie. If that IS the case, then fuck it, just get that ball outta there.

1 Like

he should

If I’m Kiwior, and Turner gave me a shout to leave it, in the dressing room after I’m telling him to put the word out publicly, cos I’m not having everyone think I’m the biggest pussy to ever play centre back for Arsenal for doing that on my debut lol.

3 Likes

It’s a weird one. I don’t know why the keeper would shout and not come.
I don’t know why the defender would duck either if there’s no shout.

2 Likes

Its a fuck up

One that happens to often on set pieces for us

Of course, I think we’re trying to work out whose fault the fuck up is, Kiwior or Turner.

Like Stroller, I can’t work it out. On the one hand, why would Kiwior flinch away and not jump if he didn’t get the shout. On the other, why would Turner shout to claim it, only to then dither about and do precisely fuck all.

I now lean towards thinking Turner probably gave a shout but then changed his mind, seems a tiny bit more feasible than Kiwior just acting like a bitch.

2 Likes

Only othe thing I could think is the old trick of an opposition player shout of leave it.

2 Likes

If I could be arsed I’d try to source decent quality footage to try and see if we can see Turner’s mouth moving.

I trust that if the footage is out there someone more dedicated will put that work in for me lol

1 Like

Regardless now, do we think Ramsdale comes back for the second leg?

Think Ive read this morning that he does say MINE or something similar

1 Like

I tend to think that keepers don’t really need rests, not as much as any other position. If you have Leno and Martinez, or some similar arrangement, I’m ok with having a league keeper and then your cup keeper, and sticking by that arrangement unless there are injuries.

But Turner is shit, and we have no need to keep him happy really, so I’d get Ramsdale in tbh.

2 Likes

I do agree about the cup keepers
We would have made that decision at the start of the season so we need to stick with that

I dont think Turner is shit, but I do think it creates a problem when you dont have the keeper playing for long and then change some of the defence too.
Its going to cause uncertainty.

I disagree, Arteta absolutely doesn’t have to stick to that, it will always be his prerogative to select who he wants for any given match based on the best interests of the club.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think he will be putting Ramsdale in for the second leg. But I don’t agree with the notion that he shouldn’t do it.

1 Like

You just said about us having a cup keep arrangement in your previous post?

First of two home games. I’m ok with going with a stronger lineup.

Sorry, maybe I could have been clearer.

I said Im fine with it when you have two keepers like Leno and Martinez, who are similarly good and both deserve playing time, and need to be given it to keep them happy. As they’re both good, you can also feel like you aren’t harming your chances of success by givingboth keepers plenty of games.

I absolutely don’t think that’s the case here. I think Turner is mediocre at very best, and that him and Ramsdale are a class apart.

Hence not thinking there’s any good reason to stick to playing Turner in cup competitions.

I think if there has been something arranged before the season, then really that should be stuck to if possible