Ivan Perisic

I agree with Daniel.

We’ve tried the youth project and through a combination of lack of patience or the players themselves not being good enough, it’s just not going to work.

Seasoned, known pros is the way forward.

Did you even watch Iwobi last night, of course Perisic would fucking improve us short term, we are a club with no wingers ffs. But that’s ok if we adapt a smart approach that sees us make a significant progress in the transfer window of 2022 cause after all it’s not like getting back into the Champions League would be financially beneficial to us.

Who at the club really believed that Inter would accept swapping Perisic for Ozil?

If we are going to spend a lot of money on a player past his mid 20s we could do worse than Perisic. He’s actually a winger and as much as I want Iwobi to succeed, I think Perisic would offer something different.

Wasn’t the same thing said about the Auba and Mhiki signings? Yet we still have the worse squads in the top 6 but you want to add another 30 year old, on high wages, with no resale value or guarantee he’ll be enough to make it into the top 4.

If we’re talking about adding extra quality to our 11, our eyes should be focused on defence as that’s where we’re clearly struggling. If we can get a loan then great, otherwise it’s silly to commit major money towards this profile of player when it has never worked

Our defense cannot be repaired by signing one player in January. Our squad is imbalanced towards the attacking front so I say we double down on that anyway.

Mustafi is garbage, we know that. Our RB position is not looking great. Xhaka can be pressed into mistakes…But we can win 5-4 if we have to.

I’m thinking that maybe a defensive coach would be the key to us improving here. Personnel not so much (yes, get rid of Mustafi and possibly Bellerin)

We need intelligence in defence by, paradoxically, getting an unintelligent mentality in. Launch yourself at every ball, attack every corner, defend every set piece with your head. Playing out from the back is overrated. It’s almost like that is pre-occupying our defenders minds

I’m totally against spending £35m on Perisic as I don’t think it represents sensible thinking. I think the board have offered the loan with the option knowing full well they won’t take it up.

It doesn’t make sense to spend that sum of money on someone who just isn’t really THAT good to begin with anyway.

Not sure how you can say this when our defensive record 2nd worse in the top 6. No one said anything about repairing it in one go but we can improve it with personnel. Why wouldn’t we do that when it’s a clear weakness?

Go back to last Jan and people said the same thing about outscoring our way to top 4 yet the formula hasn’t worked because it doesn’t. This is all short term thinking on display here

Yea. We’ve been playing the long game for 15 years. Time for something different.

3 Likes

Right now I’m willing to try anything.

So it looks like chances of signing this guy are Perising, eh?

1 Like

Ivan to ban you for such dire punmanship.

4 Likes

What a dire sicuation

1 Like

We seem so desperate first suarez, then carrasco and nkunku now perisic, trying to loan players without paying anything, pathetic.

And why does it always end up in public, can we not negotiate privately, so we do not look like total losers when we get rejected.

Probably because Arsenal is still a big enough team that players can use us as a chip in negotiations with their current club.

Or

It might be as simple as us calling PSG and saying “Hey is that Nkunku dude available?” and when PSG say “Fuck off.” It gets reported as Arsenal HUMILIATED by BOTCHED move for PARISIAN ACE when in reality we made an inquiry, were told no and that was the end of it.

Perisic the thought :eyes:

1 Like

We have to be smarter with our money than spending 35 million quid on players that are 30 and not world class.

Reports this evening seem to suggest that Perisic has handed in a transfer request…If Perisic wants out and Inter want him gone, he’ll go…our offer may need to be amended to loan with deal to buy in the summer, but there is a chance this could happen.

Personally, I think this would be a great move for us - he would be a significant upgrade on our current options on the wing.

Express

1 Like

#announcejohnperisic

5 Likes

You aren’t going to get a world class young player for 35 million in this day and age tho without a release clause. Per on his day is world class and I was terrified he’d end up at united when mou was interred. It’s not a bargain but it’s also not huge money. Tbh I think it would be decent business for us even if we weren’t desperate for wingers.

35million buys you one mustafi or one xhaka.