Isolation

Hope this doesn’t mean an end to match threads when that has won the last two polls on this lol

Of course not!

2 Likes

Just thought there imagine worrying about match threads when we don’t even know when the next one will be :santi:

The match threads are shit when the actual match is happening anyway.

3 Likes

MDCer is gonna say that tho :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Unfortunately for you, the majority don’t agree, according to two polls :pires1:

1 Like

Yeah well, you’re all wrong

5 Likes

I’m with ya, MDC was awesome. Don’t know why people prefer the threads.

2 Likes

I liked the fact that all the shit was locked away. I used to like reading the match day threads and hearing people’s proper thoughts on the match. Now (well, not now, but you know what I mean), during some matches, you have to scroll past loads of shit like “should have scored” “oooh close” “goal”.

2 Likes

I much prefer Discord to a thread. Purely because I’m lazy and would prefer to use a mic than type :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I bet Luca would have been well behaved on a mic

1 Like

I’d love to get on Discord with you guys. Put a voice to an avatar so to speak haha

1 Like

The majority voted for brexit. The majority are morons :xhaka2:

1 Like

This is a football forum at the end of the day, when we had MDC on an external site it meant that match day threads were fucking dead. So we had a situation where we have a football forum but we’re diverting most of the traffic and discussion about the actual football towards an external site where it could not be retrospectively read over by people who weren’t there to join in live.

Each to their own, but as soon as MDC went external and was a piece of shit to use and look at it, it became a crappy experience and was detrimental to the forum imo. I much prefer threads, but to be fair, I always have done. But even more so at that point.

Its not something I do often, but I remember going back through the Chelsea FA Cup final thread a few months later, reading some of the in game reactions to Mert being a beast, Holding winding up Costa, Ramseys winner, plus all of the celebratory posts made at full time and as the trophy was presented etc. If everyone had been in MDC, we’d inevitably have kept it open for a few hours post game, and the FA Cup Final match day thread would have probably had about thirty posts in it. That’s dead.

5 Likes

Erm wasn’t this because they were closed?

1 Like

Agree its good reading back on threads.

People need to realise MDC was a nice fad. It was of its time. Let it go.

Yeah, and they were closed because of the existence of MDC, which is why I’m saying that having MDC meant the threads were dead.

But if they weren’t locked then some people would have posted in the thread. Match day threads didn’t have to be closed.

Anyway, I get that some people like reading back over the threads, but personally, like I mentioned, I can’t be bothered to read the match commentary after said match. Can just watch highlights if I want to sit through our bore draw again. Besides, for me, MDC was enjoyable because of the random conversations and getting to know people better. But yes I know it’s a football forum and what not.

I have no decision making power round here

Nah I get your point though, and I too enjoyed MDC a lot at times. Just prefer the threads and think there’s still just as much scope for people to chat shit in them as there was in the chat, if people feel so inclined. But maybe there was something about the temporary nature of MDC that encouraged people to let loose a bit more, in fairness.

I suppose we thought it was a binary choice between the two because if you have both you just end up with a watered down version of both, with neither being as good as they could be if just one existed and that’s where everyone discussed the match. I’ve got a poor memory generally btw, so that’s why I’m talking about the thought process hypothetically lol.

1 Like