Investments (Stonks)

Fucking GME up 69% in pre-trading hours since Friday lol

Can’t believe this shit hahaha

2 Likes

I didn’t even know what WSB was until you mentioned a few weeks back. It’s funny as hell

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty nuts.

It was really funny back in the day when it was some idiot turning their $60,000 life savings into $0 because they went all in on some hare brained Tesla puts or when someone would turn $10,000 life savings into $800,000 investing in Tesla and Apple calls.

But now with this whole GME thing it actually looks like they’ve managed to manipulate the stock market lol

WSB has basically taken this thing from a dead fish at $15 per share to $90 lol

Granted there are some arguments that it’s a legit company now because they’ve hired a superstar e-commerce CEO in famous for building successful e-commerce businesses but still, this absurd. There’s an actually chance they might bankrupt a big Hedge Fund called Citron who had shorted the ever living shit out GME lol

The craziest thing is that a lot of these fucking nutters are taking their profits from GME and pouring them into Palantir and Blackberry which is now causing their share prices to spike, so it’s not just one share they’re influencing it’s a whole bunch :joy: :joy:

GME was at $15 a share just a few weeks ago.

3 Likes

I didn’t realise this but at one point GME hit $150 today - that is absolutely unreal. Back down to $73 but still good going considering it was at $65 on Friday.

There’s a guy on WSB who bought $50,000 worth of GME call options 17 months ago that were worth $11,000,000 last week. Hope he sold out at the right time today :joy:

2 Likes

I dabble now and again and make decent money for what I put in.
Although my most recent dabble has gone daft and made me some serious money.

What did you invest in out of interest?

American Battery Metals.

Quite an interesting one if you do your reading.

2 Likes

GME at $226 per share

Fuck my life that is insane

1 Like

What’s the reason? Is it all these hedge funds triggering their stop losses in their portfolio rallying the price??

No my friend, it’s 2.4m Reddit users buying GME en masse to pump up the share price.

One guy wrote a due diligence post about 17 months ago saying how it was a solid buy and a few other users got in on it and now they’ve convinced literally millions of retail investors to get on board.

That guy turned $50,000 GME calls into $22m as of today though so fair play to him.

I’d check out www.Reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets if you fancy having your mind blown lol

3 Likes

Can you explain why so many wall Street people are butthurt about this?

Like are they doing anything illegal or gaming the market or something?

I guess the big institutions don’t like it when they’re not the guys making the big transactions in the market. Retail investors are usually their favourite appetiser so probably not a welcome idea to them that the shoe is on the other foot.

3 Likes

This gives a fantastic over of the situation @Electrifying @CliftonGeraldi

1 Like

Also I see it’s up 116% in premarket trading LOL.

I’m not participating in this shit but will be watching like a soap opera.

1 Like

My friend invested £300 last week and it’s worth £1300 now haha

I’m usually very risk tolerant and aggressive but even I didn’t get in on this.

Wish I had haha

$15 to $250 in 6 weeks. Insanity.

2 Likes

Some hedge funds are looking like they might go bankrupt because of their short positions in GME lol

1 Like

Melvin Capital are claiming they’ve closed out their positions in GME now but some reports are that’s a lie so, so this will be one helluva interesting watch! :joy:

3 Likes

A much less wholesome explanation than the one @Cristo gave lol (thanks though that explained it pretty well)

No doubts many are doing this for the troll factor lol.

hahaha

They’re now moving on to something else.

2 Likes

Really annoyed I didn’t commit to something on this a while ago when I saw it slowly creeping up on Reddit

3 Likes