If You Could

For the 06-08 squad I think my choices would have to be Vincent Kompany (obviously a hindsight one as although he was spoken about as having potential there was no way you could see him going on to be as influential as he turned out to be), Xabi Alonso (around the time Rafa wanted Barry to replace him) and Carlos Tevez. Add those three to what we already had :fire:

2 Likes

Kompany was a FM legend for years before he joined City. One of those rare players who actually went on to reach their potential.

Great selection there although Tevez doesn’t happen unless we sell Adebayor and/or Bendtner. Would have had 5 strikers otherwise.

We would have won the league in 07/08 for sure and put up a much better fight against United in the CL semi-final we were dumped out of.

Who was that other Belgian youngster around the same time as Kompany that was always good on those games? I think he was also a defender.

I think sacrificing Bendtner is one I could do with the aid of hindsight :grin: Such a busy little player Tevez. Loved his bulldog spirit.

1 Like

Can’t remember the Belgian player you’re on about, but I remember insta-buying Christian Zapata and Criscito in all my games around that time. Zapata’s stats were so OP for a defender

1 Like

Vanden Borre?

1 Like

Christ, Zapata! Supposedly next big thing at one point.

That’s him. Good one :grin: