If you could change one thing about Football

Is that by pure definition even a ball? :thinking:

1 Like

I’d cap the amount of money that can be spent on transfer fees per summer to a fixed amount.

So teams can only spend say a sum of like £75m per summer on transfer fees. But it would be a flat rate across the league. Which would never happen given teams revenues are significantly higher than ever before.

I’d also cap the amount of players that can be loaned out by a club to stop teams like Chelsea stockpiling young talent and never giving them a chance.

I’d scrap the League Cup for any team who qualified for European football.

I know you said one @Mysty but I have many things I’d love to implement in the game.

4 Likes

I’d re-introduce saturday 3pm kick offs for all teams and stick to just one Sunday top flight game.

It’s far more considerate for the working fan who may have to travel from Bournemouth to say Newcastle

1 Like

Yeah I was just curious because introducing safe standing would be very high on my list of priorities in Mysty’s fictional world. I’d like to see the whole area behind each goal in the lower stand be standing, I think it would make a huge difference to the atmospheres in top flight stadia. So I’m probably thinking more than ten percent, which is why I asked if you were trying to be realistic with the amount you’d go for, or if you thought that was basically the ideal amount.

I’d also scrap the League Cup entirely. I try not to just have a big club mentality and view it as a waste of time because we have bigger fish to fry, but it seems to me that nobody gives a fuck about it. You see some teams treating the FA Cup as a waste of time compared to their mundane league campaigns, so what purpose is the League Cup serving?

That’s another one. I’d increase the financial incentive for the FA Cup too in order to try and stimulate more interest in it. The money in the PL is so huge that a lot of clubs seem to view the FA Cup as a worthless distraction in comparison, I’d like to try and do something about that.

2 Likes

Id like an official clock timer. Football seems to be the only game that doesnt use one.

2 Likes

No its un-pure definition so i’m good…

Red cards for last man fouls inside the box.

It’s already a penalty… no need to kill the contest over a mistimed tackle.

It’s butchered us in the CL numerous times.

1 Like

This was actually implemented in the WC. Don’t know if it is in the leagues.

1 Like

Assuming you mean if the challenge appears to be an honest attempt for the ball? Provided that’s what you meant, I agree

1 Like

Your wish was granted about 2 years ago

3 Likes

Looks like I should find something else to complain about.

3 Likes

And myself. What about goal line technology? :laughing:

There’s plenty more to criticise I assure you :grin:

Nah mate, Wenger is gone.

2 Likes

Penalties.

A player should not be allowed to stop just before the kick. The speed he has when he starts his run up should be the same or more as when he kicks the ball.

No rebounds. Before the ball is even kicked 10 players are inside the penalty box. If the keeper saves or it hits the post it’s a goal kick.

Abba. What happened to that? I liked it and it felt more fair.

ABBA has been scrapped because apparently some people were too thick to understand it.

There was actually a game last season (Chelsea Norwich I think) which was supposed to have the ABBA format and the referee and/or players either forgot or decided to sack it off and went for ABAB instead.

The trial was basically a massive fail so the format has been ditched

But don’t worry, the winner still takes it all… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I would change the number of substitutions per game from 3 to 4. It gives teams more tactical flexibility and prevent a hige disadvantage for teams getting plauged by injury during the actual game.

No problem mate! The more ideas the better the discussion I think. Some great ideas there. If people want to add more, feel free.

Sounds like a great idea for a new TV show :wenger:

Glad I’m not the only one who feels the same about the League Cup.

1 Like

Totally agree with Jakey Boy about safe standing. We might even get a degree of proper North Bank atmosphere back.

1 Like

Fuck the North Bank mate

WE’RE THE CLOCK END HIGHBURY

2 Likes