Howard Webb and his Cabal of Cunts

I’m honestly surprised the English FA has let the situation get this bad.

MLS does a lot of things wrong (being single-entity, crushing labor movements, playing footsie with ultra groups but then wanting to be family friendly) but they do have pretty good communication in terms of disciplinary measures. I’m not a hockey guy but I think the NHL is decent at it too compared to the NFL or NBA.

The FA screwed up implementing VAR for reasons I’ll never truly understand. If you’re going to have it, let the referee look at the monitor themselves. Give the referees the freedom to change any aspect of their decision. The ban on issuing yellows is just silly.

Or they could take a page from baseball’s book and have a central VAR office with three officials viewing the incident and making a decision.

1 Like

I saw another stat that arsenal are like 15th in terms of could committed but to in terms of cards.

The referees are either horrible incompetent or corrupt.

Riley is definitely corrupt.

He’s a horrible stupid cunt

5 Likes

It’s all starting to make sense now.

6db_3

1 Like

We should be able to sue Riley for fixing it against us so bad. The bias really is a shocker. Think there is definitely something dodgy in this because it’s so marked and so long lived.

Why would you even bother watching or following the sport if you believed that was true?

1 Like

Because I’m mad for it.

Soon I’ll be watching WWE wrestling and thinking it’s all real

3 Likes

Good answer tbf. Rage on.

I’ve watched the NBA for years despite knowing it was rigged. @Aussiegooner back me up on this. League is absolutely rigged right?

1 Like

Didn’t officials come out after 2000 WCF game 7 Lakers and Portland and say it was rigged for an LA win ?

1 Like

Also the infamous Suns-Lakers WCF with all those bizarre suspensions?

And how Cleveland got the first overall pick after Lebron left?

Or the league vetoing trades?

It’s all rigged!

1 Like

Yeah I agree, NBA worst nightmare would be 2 small market teams in an NBA finals, reckon we’ll see that happen ?

Anyways I still very much enjoy the league haha. I know I’ll likely never see Portland win a chip but I still love it.

The only way a small market wins again is by drafting transcendent talent that overlaps with down years by the big market teams.

1 Like

Who do you support mate ?

Wiz all the way baby. Remember the old gold jerseys from the Arenas era? The team is a dumpster fire most years.

1 Like

Kinda hard to rig a game where the Lakers were down by 20 points and they hit a bunch of 3’s in the 4th, and the Blazers only made like 1 shot in the final 5 minutes of the game lol. You guys are thinking of the Sacramento Kings and Lakers series in game 6, the Lakers shot an ungodly amount of free throws that game when they were down 3 - 2 in the series. Nobody came out and confirmed but there was a referee named Tim Donaghy that came out years later, seeking notoriety for a movie project he was working on, and made that claim. The Kings still lost game 7 on their home court :joy::joy:

This was the Suns vs the San Antonio Spurs, and they weren’t bizarre it was called by the letter of the law. Players aren’t supposed to leave the bench or they recieved a suspension, there was a fight and the players left the bench. Kind of a lame rule but it was the rule and yes it ruined the series but I mean, the league wasn’t trying to rig things for The San Antonio Spurs that’s about the smallest market in the league, and their finals match ups always have terrible TV ratings.

1 Like

Ah yeah the Kings vs Lakers is the one I was thinking of, I’ve only been an avid NBA fan since 2007 so it was before my time.

1 Like

My memory of the NBA is like your memory of the the Premier League lolol :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I spot a pattern.

2 Likes

Makes my blood boil.

Gee, it would be a big surprise to see whose first/second on that list. Gonna got out on a limb here and say Manure and the Scousers.:roll_eyes::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Lost count of the amount of tweets asking to see the data, not seen him reply to any of them.

I’d wager that’s because he’s a dataless fraud.

5 Likes