Howard Webb and his Cabal of Cunts

Lower down in the replies as well, never realised it was quite SO many from Manchester/north west

Sure they all support tranmere and altrincham tho

8 Likes

“The panel also noted Gabriel had gone to play the ball before Joelinton touched him, therefore no foul was committed.”

Wtf does that mean?
As soon as a player moves towards the ball you’re entitled to floor them? They’ll be playing rugby soon

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/carra23/status/1722905283440103570?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

I thought we weren’t allowed to put out nonsense statements Jamie?

7 Likes

The whole Mike Dean “can’t do this to my pal” thing is so overlooked these days.
That was so horrible and yet these people think that there shouldn’t be criticism for referees when they are adding such biases to their incompetent decision making.

4 Likes

Apparently ex players on this mysterious panel. Probably a trio of ex spurs cunts O’Hara, Jenas and Murphy!

6 Likes

The panel will be made up of more donkeys.

I place zero value in any sort of conclusion reached by a refereeing body associated with the Premier League.

It’s like a blind bloke saying “its not my fault” to a man he’s just run over and killed. And then going to court with another blind bloke as a witness to prove his innocence. And then a blind judge cunt agreeing and proclaiming “NOT GUILTY!”

Sorry dead guy in the road, these blind fuckers have all colluded and decided it’s not their fault.

Fuck off lol

17 Likes

85khbi

9 Likes

It’s not even VAR that’s the issue. It’s the way they’re implementing it. Baseball has VAR, so does the NBA and NFL. Tennis uses technology too. How is it that all these sports have managed to figure out how to incorporate technology into the game but the PL, with all its money, can’t?

It’s not the tech, it’s the people.

1 Like

I think VAR has led to on-field referees feeling less accountable, which in turn leads them to make the easy, comfortable decisions. And then if it’s wrong either VAR overturns, or VAR gets the blame for missing it.

The problem then is that a decision which should be clear enough to start with doesn’t get given by the ref, and then you get into the murky world of what’s a clear and obvious error to a group of people who are routinely making incorrect decisions themselves.

Until the on-field standard of refereeing improves I think they should scrap clear and obvious and just get VAR making what they believe the correct decision is.

Hopefully that would lead to more accountability on the pitch because they won’t want to be embarrassed with most of their decisions being overturned.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think VAR should be reserved for goals/penalties/red cards (personally I’d also include reds from 2nd yellows but that’s beside the point).

2 Likes

the next step i can guarantee will be a review on VAR for it to be scrapped. You can see whats coming here and why. As soon as VAR is gone they can not be called to account for anything and it will be back to them ruling the roost without having to account to anything or anyone and not being embarrassed with video.

There’s no way they will try scrap it. Just never going to happen.

4 Likes

Apology one week, same mistake the next. What is their word worth. Just do the job you’re paid for fairly.

2 Likes

You’d have thought it would make the officials feel more comfortable speaking to the VAR the same way they’d consult with the AR running the line.

I can see pros and cons of allowing the on-field official to dictate when and how they communicate with the VAR, rather than the VAR being able to intervene to change a call but somehow we’ve ended up with the worst of both worlds like you’ve pointed out.

The on-field officials somehow feel less secure in making big calls because of VAR and are seemingly not able to ask VAR to intervene to assist them in making calls.

Graeme Souness and Richard Keys backing Mikel Arteta.

What if we are indeed wrong…

7 Likes

Tottenham’s defeat ticked every box in terms of giving a manager a burning sense of injustice (even though both red-card decisions were correct.) But anyone waiting for Postecoglou to explode and eclipse Arteta’s recent rant were left disappointed, surprised or elated, depending on your point of view.

What the actual fuck is this?

So if both decisions were correct, what issues exactly did Ange have with VAR?

6 Likes

Lol wut?

As for Arteta, barely a week goes by without the Gunners coach pointing the finger squarely at the officials – on the field or at VAR HQ in Stockley Park – for contributing directly to Arsenal dropping points

3 Likes

I know, what exactly is he going to say? “Well we didn’t deserve to have those guys sent off for clear red cards! It’s a farce!”

ESPN cunts jumping on the anti-Arsenal bandwagon now, then?

Postecoglou shows how to handle ref, VAR issues with dignity

The way he showed Arteta and ETH how to handle VAR issues was to thank the ref for the points they were given against Liverpool and Luton.

Let’s see how the media darling handles the pressure when they start losing points because referees are giving decisions against them, rather than for them.