Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Looks like he’s turning it around, huge game away today and like you say could easily be MOTM

13 Likes

Yeah his workrate was super, hopefully we see this Mkhitaryan for good.

3 Likes

Playing his way into my good books game by game. Just wish we’d seen more of this and earlier on, after that amazing debut

That one pass for Auba was superb, with a better touch he’d have potentially converted it.

His energy was great all match. We’re better with him in the side than out.

7 Likes

Great to see him kick on, been really good since his return. Need him to keep this up down the stretch.

Work rate was fantastic, tracking back, etc. He’s always been able to pick out the killer pass, adding the other facets to his game makes me want him to stay.

1 Like

Let’s be honest, we got the better end of that swap after all. Sanchez was very good for us, but ever since he left he doesn’t look the same anymore. And granted Mkhi was inconsistent, but recently he is getting that Dortmund form and I like it.

8 Likes

Red Cafe agree :mkhi:

It would have been better to just give them Mkhitaryan.

Arsenal won it, easily too.

I’d take Mkhi right now. Sanchez has increased our wage bill and now everyone is demanding similar money.

Arsenal offloading a declining Sanchez definitely dodged a bullet

2 Likes

Yes Mkhi, get that price up son!

1 Like

Even if he wasn’t firing at anywhere near 100%, he still performed for United much more than Alexis ever has. Whatever his problems, they made a bad situation much worse with this deal.

Mourinho not being his sort of manager probably had the biggest impact. I’d genuinely intrigued to see him under the OGS revolution.

Ozil, Mhkitaryan, Nelson, Iwobi. Those are the four attacking players we have for two, three positions next season. Not sure we should offload any of those.

2 Likes
10 Likes

He’s easily turning into a must keep.

3 Likes

Where was this kind of form before haha. He’s like a totally different player

2 Likes

Only took him three years FFS :joy:

Better late than never though.

He had a spell like this at United at the start of last season so I’m reserving all praise until I see him do it for at least the majority of the last 9 games.

4 Likes

Yeah, don’t want to speak too soon but it seems Mkhitaryan’s stock is rising, while Alexis is on the wane. Shame :mkhi:

2 Likes

I agree, we need a bigger sample size.

But if its a false dawn and he helps us finish top four or win Europa then it would have been worth it.

11 Likes

This reminded me of Wenger’s words for Mkhi:
“He’s a very complete player. He creates chances, he defends well, he can absorb distances and he’s very committed as well. I must say he’s a player who has all the attributes.”

2 Likes

I think this sudden praise is excessive and a little reflective of how far off it he’s been since he joined the club. It’s like we’ve been waiting a long time to eulogise about him and he’s kept us waiting up to now

He’s improving but still a fair ways below the curve and simply needs (quite a lot) more games performing like this before we can say he’s pulling his weight :+1:

9 Likes

Still need to be more constant, but fuck me, he is a completely new player in the last month.

1 Like