Héctor Bellerin

I look forward to his 3 month transfer saga all over again next year too :santi:

7 Likes

So he’s just going on loan? What the actual f.

Our players have no value. Its mad. Chelsea selling noname academy kids for 20m a piece.
I get that bellend is shit but we should atleast get like 10m or something.

4 Likes

No coincidence though when your club loses status this happens in the market.
Top 4 clubs pedigree garnishes a lot in the market as your associated with that stock.

5 Likes

Agree. Chelsea being cl champs ups the value of the entire squad regardless of the shittiness of the specific player.

Zouma would never go for 30m under “normal” circumstances

3 Likes

I think they also have an academy and youth project that is much more well-respected than ours - and some of their loanees and departing players have done well too, so it all adds to the mix.

Right now we are the anti-midas touch of football - players’ values wither to dust at AFC.

5 Likes

Also the fact that chelsea dont need to sell in order to buy players first is a big factor imo

1 Like

It helps, but tbf they have sold a LOT. They are basically in our tier of netspend, way below the Manchester clubs.

no option to buy, which means it is just a temporary solution… for us especially.
We loan Bellerin out and buy an unknown… what about next season? Bellerin’s value will probably go down more and we may even need another RB if this new Japanese player is not good enough…

Short sighted, pro-active…

I think one of the biggest issues is the wages our unwanted players are on when compared to the kinds of clubs that would be interested in players of such quality.

A 15 million fee might not be beyond a lot of clubs who might like Bellerin, but when you couple it with him being on 100k a week or more, I think it’s a problem for some clubs.

You’d think it contributes to why we basically can’t even give away players like Kolasinac.

4 Likes

The constant loans are annoying because you wanna clear the books but maybe a necessary evil right now. Give it a year for these teams to get some funds from fans being back in the stands ect and then maybe we can get our 10m next summer.

3 Likes

Bellerin has taken a pay cut for this loan move though. Think he’d take a pay cut on a permanent deal as well if the move was right.

2 Likes

Just read my post back and realised that I didn’t include a bit that I intended to, saying that this was probably more of a general point than one about just Bellerin specifically, as I had seen it said that he was taking a pay cut.

Wonder if that’s in addition to us subsidising some of his wages, or instead of, as I feel its usually the case that clubs subsidise wages if the loan club can’t/won’t pay their wages in full. I feel I hear about that kind of thing more than I do players going on loan and taking a wage cut.

1 Like

Shows the state the club must be in if he’s that desperate to leave!

Maybe, maybe not. His career is completely and utterly stalled and he isn’t even respected by a lot of the fans here even after a decade around the club. Think this is much more about Bellerin personally than Arsenal as a whole.

Not to, in any sense whatsoever, say we are not in a state.

3 Likes

Moving back to his homeland playing for his dads club.

Happy for Hector hope he smashes it :raised_hands:

5 Likes
7 Likes

Top looks good but that betway sponsor ruins it

9 Likes

Suits him well

1 Like

Looks like the lad who hung out with Jesse in Breaking bad

2 Likes