Héctor Bellerin

I think @Phoebica should take a break from this thread for a while, I get the feeling it’ll be no good for her mental health shortly.

2 Likes

He’s a good guy. I like him a lot.

I’d like him even more if he wasn’t starting games.

I think currently his best role is as a Kieran Gibbs-esque ‘defensive RW brought on to close tight games out’ role.

2 Likes

Why tho? Defending is his worst trait.

3 Likes

I’ve heard Bellerin speak highly about Arteta even before he came back so I wouldn’t be surprised if Hector is the guy who is backing Arteta the most.
Dropping him would mean he loses one of his biggest allies.

I assume that’s what happened when Elneny came back into the side and started getting games over Xhaka and Ceballos. Then Partey was also signed so Xhaka’s future was up in the air again and he was back to his usual performances.

Fucking hell, the shit show backstage has more drama than Love Island.

1 Like

That’s more like his baggage and burden than an ally.
Ally understands what you need and will give in.
If Arteta could exlain to him that, sitting him for some games and promote some youth is better for the team in long run, Hector should understand that.
If Hector got pissed, what kind of ally is that?
Or, Arteta just did not do his communication job well enough?

1 Like

Unfortunately, football is like that nowadays.
Especially when you have a massive squad like this. Once you start making controversial moves you better not miss one step or they’ll be after you.

This week will be huge for Arteta. If he somehow starts turning this around he and Edu will have to start cleaning up big time in the background. The clear-out simply can’t be stalled till next summer.

1 Like
2 Likes

£22m?

Nah that can’t be right. I thought he was useless and that we would be lucky to get £5m for him?

Barca is pretty shit these days

3 Likes

So?

They lower their requirements of recruiting players

If we’re brutally honest then the only reason they’d be signing Bellerin is because of that resigning former youth player that flew the nest fetish they have :grin:

£30m and we have a deal, would fund the Buendia signing.

I’m trying to remind myself that United were (almost) as shit as us with no creativity and then they signed Fernandes which changed things around. Hoping Buendia can have a similar impact

1 Like

If that fees is accurate it means Arsenal and Barce value him at nearly half the man Iwobi is

2 Likes

Please God sell everyone

5 Likes

The fee doesnt matter to me. Just get him out.

1 Like

Be great if you could capture points and wins instead of pictures. Fucking mug

1 Like

There was interest from both PSG and Barcelona in the summer for Bellerin. Arsenal asked for huge fee.
Bellerin is entering his final 2 years but is not pressing for an exit as things stand.

2 Likes

are they blind…more fool them

Barca already signed a rightback in the summer: Dest. Doubt they’re spending their limited funds on another rightback.