Héctor Bellerin

Hopefully Cedric can put some time off to teach this vegan clown to make a simple throw in.

Other than that, terrible performance yet again. How many arial duels and 2. Balls did he win against Mane ? Fekin none.

Yet again? I don’t even like Hector but he’s been pretty good the past months.

1 Like

Poor on all three goals.

First goal he just switches off and ball watches the shot rather than continuing to track Mane, who ends up all alone for the uncontested tap in.

Second goal was significantly on Willian, who lazily just lets his man amble wide open to the far post, but Bellerin has a fairly easy header to flick clear and he just misses it.

Third goal Bellerin is for some unknown reason lined up as a center half and instead of returning to a normal shape he points for Holding to cover his own back post responsibilities. Then the ball comes to Jota and he is slow to close down, doesn’t get low enough for a block, and lets Jota shoot right through his legs.

2 Likes

Same old in here.

He’s awful for weeks at a time does something marginally good and for some it’s all about maybe he’s turned a corner and can get back on track or some nonsense.

He’s far below the required level, suspect defensively and going forward he’s an average Joe. Having two back ups at the RB position is supremely limiting. Was time to cut our losses quite a while ago but watch him sign a new contract.

RB position needs someone on Tierney’s level and should be a priority by next summer.

1 Like

We might as well given AMN a run of games there and see whether he can be the guy. He hasn’t shown the necessary quality going forward so far in his career but with a little experience under his belt he would be the stronger defensive option, even in a back four, and his attacking game could still mature. He is a perfectly good player on a technical level he just doesn’t seem to have any final third composure but that could change.

Haha I’m ok at Spanish, but I also sort of suck at it. My bro in Spain reckons I’m about a B2 speaker.

Its hard living in New Zealand and having to do most of my speaking online lol

Growing as a player

5 Likes

:clap::clap:

3 Likes

MotM

1 Like

Cedric’s presence has made him more focussed

2 Likes

He just needed proper recovery time from his injuries and to play himself back into form. Great to see

1 Like

Or he just needed to tuck in the shirt

7 Likes

MOTM are you having a laugh ? could have cost us in the end there with his sloppy vegan clearance.

Very good game in the attacking sense but I’m going to have to party poop and say this is not the norm for him.

Happy to be proven wrong but don’t see this as regular thing.

3 Likes

Thanks man. I didn’t want to be the guy to drop that bomb. :joy:

But you could see that he is pushing himself to contribute more offensively since end of last season, always trying to drive at the defenders, getting inside the box.
Previously he preferred taking a safe option or waiting for the ball to arrive at him in an final third, now he is trying with the ball to get into those areas.

He’s looking much fitter. He’s had a great start to the season.

Hope he continues keeping his fitness up to scratch because larthargic Bellerin is horrible to watch.

2 Likes

Even minus the assists I think he looked pretty good, even in the first half he was arguably our best. Jade must be well I’ll say excited as I don’t want to be inappropriate.

6 Likes

Vegan diet helped aid his recovery then. Clean living and healthy lifestyle always going to help his body recover. :kissing:

2 Likes

It must help imo.

Very healthy way to live

1 Like