Health and Fitness

I drink this stuff, for my diet it’s a solid compromise. I’m not lactose intolerant but it’s just really sound on the digestion.

How does it taste? Comparative to semi skimmed milk

Imo genuinely better, like if I have a full fat or semi skimmed proper milk variant beside it in the fridge I’ll usually reach past them for this if I’m making a protein shake or something.

I’m sure if you were to have a glass side beside and taste tested you’d maybe notice a slight difference but in terms of how easy this sits it’s not even a compromise for me. Great stuff.

This. Have at least 3 cartons a week of this shit.

1 Like

What’s it like calorie wise? I tend to stick with almond because there’s like 30 calories per 100ml.

For example if I’m having my post workout cereal it’s 100g of cereal, 30g protein blended with 240ml of almond milk. The almond milk calories are so low that I’m having less than 100 calories filling up a big bowl of cereal.

I’ll pick up a bottle today anyway and see how it goes sometime early next week when I finish the two cartons of almond milk I’ve got left in my fridge.

@Midfield_Maestro yeah I run through that stuff for fun lol. Legit smash like 2 cartons a week easy.

1 Like

Had both in my fridge so just did a quick run over the label - compared to standard Dale Farm Semi skimmed you’re talking about half the carbs per 100g and about a fifth less fat and overall calories. So not like a huge difference and not as good as some other healthier milk variants but it’s the type of small compromise for your diet and digestion that you can integrate into daily life without even feeling like you’ve changed anything because the taste is so good.

I personally really struggle to enjoy my protein shakes with just water so this stuff is tops for me.

1 Like

I don’t drink protein shakes anymore. I can’t stand them. My protein either goes in my cereal milk or with my oats. Can’t ever see myself just drinking whey ever again, I could never get used to the taste.

6 Likes

Than it’s not just me.

As a beginner, still, I was talking to my friends how protein shakes just never feel good… Sometimes they’re actually ok when I drink them when eating some cookies or something along with them, but them alone just mess my digestion… They just feel wrong and awkward. Tried many different brands, but little difference.

Yeah, definitely the best way is with cereals/oats.

1 Like

I’m not sure I could do that, what flavour do you use to not ruin the cereal, choc or vanilla I’d assume?

I don’t mind them too much with milk but I love them in a smoothy, some banana, milk, strawberry’s, peanut butter and crushed ice. I only have one a week or so because it’s so fucking dense in calories and sugar you might as well have a McFlurry.

Though it is good fats and sugars so I don’t feel too bad and it’s a great way to break a fast.

1 Like

I love almond milk with chocolate protein (Gold Standard usually) and it tastes good with;

Coco Pops
Cookie Crisp
Rice Krispies
Cheerios
Frosted Shreddies

2 Likes

I just got tired of protein shakes in the end. They never sat well with me. Rather just add another steak or chicken breast to my meals.

4 Likes

Precisely. I can add a scoop of protein to my oats or cereal because it adds delicious chocolate flavour to what would otherwise be bland oats. And it adds protein to what would otherwise be just a really high carb and protein free cereal.

But drinking a shake? Fuck that. I’ll just add a chicken breast or some kind of lean protein to another meal and do it that way.

3 Likes

2 scoops of protein
~100g oats
~150g frozen berries
Table spoon of peanut butter

Been doing this every day recently and love it

3 Likes

Heavenly breakfast.

I don’t do the frozen berries all the time but generally;

100g oats. Cook them with water. Then add scoop of protein, 20g of peanut butter or dark chocolate.

:drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

If you were to blend those ingredients together but add in creatine and maltodextrin
you have the perfect post workout supplement, even more so if made with milk.
The maltodextrin will absorb the protein along with the creatine and the muscles worked will pull in all of these .
A very good workout drink is orange juice , a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda .

3 Likes

Only 110 out of almost 600 locations have been granted permission. Probably end up with a situation where pubs and clubs are fully open before Parkrun is allowed to return.

2 Likes

Late reply but it’s so overpriced these days as well £90 for 5kg is cheapest I can find when it was 45 like a year or so ago. Crazy

1 Like

That’s sad news Phoebs :pensive:

Yep, wanted to say that too. They’re just a diary production byproduct, not hard to produce, as far as I know… At least talking about concentrates, don’t know how isolates work. They cost almost the same nowadays anyway. Definitely overpriced for what you get from them, comparing them to all kinds of meats, or other big protein sources.

Thought I’d share my current diet. This is what I’m using to grow atm and build muscle. Training split is:

Chest and delts
Back and arms (arms PM session if needed)
Hamstrings
Rest
Chest
Back
Quads

Steps 10k daily

Cardio 15 mins post workout

Diet

Meal 1: 80g oats, 30g whey protein, 20g peanut butter

Meal 2: 2 bagel thins, 10g peanut butter, low calorie jam, 150g cooked chicken / lean protein

Meal 3: 80g oats, 50g whey protein, 20g lotus biscoff spread

Meal 4: 2 tortilla wraps, 150g chicken breast, 20g reduced fat cheese

Post workout: 70g coco pops, 250ml unsweetened almond milk, 40g whey isolate

Total: 2710 calories
Carbs: 271
Protein: 249
Fat: 62

Off plan meal: Wednesday and Saturday

7 Likes