Health and Fitness

Yeah I take a tub with me when I go abroad and put it in my suitcase. If it’s a euro trip then I don’t bother because I’m not going far enough for long enough to need it.

Plus, caffeine is as good as most pre work outs anyway. So you wouldn’t even need to travel with it, just have some caffeine.

1 Like

Ok cool, I’m going to Copenhagen for 2 weeks so I was contemplating bringing it with me but I probably won’t to be honest. Worst comes to worst I can always buy some there, there’s a gym 50 metres from my parents place that I think I’ll end up going to.

I’ve done a few things in the sense of exercise imo. Swimming, Teakwondo, Boxing, Muay Thai, exercising at home, fitness/weightweighting at the gym. I know everybody has their own preference but the latter is the easiest form of exercise imo even for complete beginners. You can train whenever you want, but still having to go to the gym motivates you to go. Training at home it’s easier to skip. Plus there are some benefits in aesthetics other forms of exercise don’t really bring in my experience lol :stuck_out_tongue:. It doesn’t have to be expensive either if you have some budget gyms to go too.

For two weeks I’d take a shake with me but that’s only to avoid the expense of having to buy one out there.

Are you taking hold luggage or just hand?

I’m flying with BA, so I’m allowed a rucksack and a small cabin suitcase which is what I’m doing - don’t want to fork out for a checked bag as I don’t need to bring much with me.

1 Like

5 weeks into running 3 days per week and I finally manage to run 5k this morning under 30 minutes (29:11), and the run had a few hills and some bin dodging in it. Probably would’ve been close to a minute faster if it wasn’t for bin dodging and crossing roads.

4 Likes

trainwithjoan on Instagram - she’s admitted she’s juicing, but fair play. I wouldn’t be surprised if steroids actually have some really beneficial effects on your body at that age once your body stops producing so many of the important hormones.

There’s no way I’m not doing HRT as soon as I hit an age where it’s appropriate. I’m not going to be one of those old people with supremely low testosterone and just no motivation to train or anything haha

2 Likes

Yeah having thought about it I think once I get up into my late 50s I’d probably strongly consider testosterone and all sorts, not just for training purposes but just for general lifestyle stuff to give going and keeping my muscles and bones strong.

In some ways yes but in other ways it can cause some types of cancer.

I read a throwaway comment one time where someone said that juicing on a man a certain age promoted more muscle growth while not working out than someone who was the same age working out.

Not sure if it’s true but I could totally believe it, people perpetuate the myth that roids don’t do that much you have to do the lifting. But I’m really starting to understand that 7/10 times you see a dudes physique you’re envious of or would strive to achieve they’re on the good stuff.

What’s the evidence of this?

I can’t remember. But we know in testicular and prostrate cancer they put you on testo blockers. Which is horrible, because my grandad went from hiking up mountains at a great pace to a very frail man who was struggling to navigate the stairs in just a couple of years of been on such medication

1 Like

The likes of finasteride?

Horrible drug. So much so that it shouldn’t be handled by a woman of childbearing age (if she does fall pregnant with a male child, it can cause irreparable damage to the sexual organ)

There’s some evidence that the weaker version of the drug may help against male pattern baldness

I’m not sure the brand. Are you a pharmacist mate?

I know people use DHT blockers to stop baldness but they complain of impotence as a result.

Just done 160 of these badboys

4 Likes

Hiking vascularity bro - back in January this would all have been covered in a layer of fat and shame

4 Likes

Sorry bro had to be done :rofl::joy:

Note: haha had to add this one as well, got it from reddit under “my right arm grew excessively after masturbation”.

3 Likes

Just weigh myself and came in at 145.5lbs or 65.9kg.

This is the lightest I’ve ever been since becoming an adult I’d think, and almost 10kg lighter than my heaviest (around 74.5/75kg) in January.

The weird thing is that for the past 2 months or so, I really haven’t been that rigid in my diet. I’m off keto, having carbs several times a week and have been eating stuff like chocolate and sweets etc. a few times a week as well and yet I’m still maintaining weight loss.

That being said, I haven’t really eaten much today and have just worked out so I’m probably a bit dehydrated and will be up to 66/67kg again by this evening after lunch and dinner.

The really odd thing is that I feel like my arms, chest and shoulders are looking bigger than they did back in Jan but that might just be definition and tone from losing fat rather than actual muscle gain.

I’ve been working out 6-7 days a week but only skipping and body weight exercises/some full water bottles for a bit of resistance - I haven’t been to a gym since March.

I really think that intermittent fasting, coupled with disciplined fasted cardio/workouts every day and no beer/cider has been the key for me.

2 Likes

Thats because ultimately weight loss/gain is purely about Cals In VS Cals Out

You’re burning more than you consume, or around exactly what you consume.

2 Likes