Head Injuries in football

Well colour me surprised :thinking:

But Luiz was fine to play on eh Arsenal??? Clowns

1 Like

The most serious one I remember, was Petr Cech’s one, fractured skull?

Ryan Mason’s was worse, he could have died and had to retire!

1 Like

Football can essentially ignore this unless it has to do a huge payout or something. I don’t agree with that but it’s just reality unfortunately. There just really isn’t any incentive for football to actually deal with this and introduce the protocols even though they could basically adopt them from Rugby or some other sports pretty much overnight.

1 Like

I don’t know why they cannot add one more substitution slot for this.
We can substitute 3 now, add one more, but it is for serious injury/special case.
To be fair for both teams, the one who suffered bad injures can have one more to sub.
For the other team, they can’t tell if the injury is serious or not, the 4th sub also open for them once the opponent activate it.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s so easily solved and that has been the case…well always. This is why I think they won’t do anything unless they have to. Football authorities always have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the real world.

1 Like

Well, that’s me made to look like a cunt :rofl:

1 Like
3 Likes

About fking time.

1 Like

Either football doesn’t care or all the medics are clowns. Tell him you are coming off and he doesn’t have a choice.

4 Likes

A competitive instinct will nearly always mean the player never volunteers coming off.

1 Like

Idiotic. I can see 3 of you doc but I want to play on.

1 Like

should be fines if they make a player stay on

Go the NFL route with independent doctors and overview observers who have the power to stop a game and have player withdrawn

2 Likes

Yep an independent assessment is the only way.

Get it from Villas perspective though, can’t even name their sub goalie without looking it up.

Absolute fucking knobs.

@Joshua this is what I mean. These guys are just incompetent.

1 Like

That’s wild.

Some real layups there in terms of making the game safer, more equitable and demystifying the officiating process. They managed to whiff on all three.

The sooner we get some of these dinosaurs out of positions of power the better. Head injuries aren’t anything to mess with. The temporary concussion substitution is by far the best way to help address head injuries but people are afraid of it being football doesn’t have rolling subs. It’s just so backwards.