Granit Xhaka

I’ve said his performances have been good this season and the difference to previous seasons is clear but people saying he’s been our best player is ridiculous.

He was player of the month for September. That’s only 3 games.

Though I really don’t see how people saying one of our best performers has been our best player this season is “ridiculous”

Actually one thing not getting enough of a mention is his leadership.
Odegaard has the armband but it’s pretty clear Xhaka is the influence and leader on the pitch.

5 Likes

We had a proper Player Of The Month award this September. What a novelty lol.

Can’t remember the last time we played a month of football and you could make a really compelling argument for at least 3 different players winning it (Saliba, Xhaka and Jesus). If any of those guys had won, I’d have thought well deserved.

I personally think Jesus has been the most transformative but Xhaka has been putting in at least 9/10 performances consistently. He’s basically a new player in the role he’s performing. And Saliba has been a rock, stabilising and providing the foundation for our dominance / control of games.

Fair fucking play to Xhaka though. When you factor in the history, his winning the award is more sentimental for sure. Can’t argue with it either way, he’s been outstanding this season.

4 Likes

Jesus
Saliba
Martinelli
Xhaka
Zinchenko
Partey
White
Odegaard

Are my most important players this season, in that order.
Partey on a similar level to Xhaka but ranked lower for missed games

I don’t think people appreciate how much of a step up Martinelli has made this year, not just his numbers but overall contribution. Saka hasn’t (generally) been at the same level as last season and if we had that issue on both wings we’d have been struggling a lot more this season.

I feel bad White being as low as he is because he’s played very well out of position, and without him we’d have been screwed. But his actual perfomance levels haven’t been as high as the others

2 Likes

White has played really well and offers more to our game in the build up then some may anticipate. He was literally involved one way or another in every goal over the weekend. But your right. He can be replaced to a high level by tomiyasu and it wouldn’t affect us much. Same can’t be said about the backups for the rest.
With ESR out till December atleast aswel, hope we don’t burn martinelli out. What other options do we have from the left? He should get a rest in December though as doubt Brazil will select him for this WC.

We only played two important games in September the Utd loss and the Brentford game.

I think Xhaka got it just to show support for his complete turnaround in fortunes

1 Like

It’s a testament to his performances that this thread was flooded with abuses the moment he made that mistake.

7 Likes

Decent performance from Xhaka once again, loved how he calmed that Henderson twat.

2 Likes

Funny how x2 Pool players were grabbing Xhaka up in order to get him into trouble.

Loved that spell in the 2. half when he just whacked power cross after power cross into the box which ultimately led us to the winning pen.

2 Likes

When Xhaka is in and around the box with the ball, I get excited

6 Likes

So threatening today man.

Wtf has happened to Xhaka this season, is this the same player?

Who knew playing him further up the pitch unlocked this from him?

Crazy.

Him and Odegaard bossed it 2nd half

Who was that prides up Bayern freak again?

Oh yeah Goretzka. Xhaka playing like him lately

3 Likes

He’s even getting himself into scuffles and not even getting booked.

It really is a new dawn in Arsenal land.

18 Likes

Plot armour my friend.

God has decided Arsenal are winning the league, and nothing is changing that.

8 Likes

Is was convinced that volley of his was flying in. Mikel gave this man a New life. What a player he is now.

2 Likes

The fact that he tried to take on the volley says everything about this team, not frightened to try things - bit more belief in themselves. Bottomline is if you don’t attack/shoot you’ll never score.

4 Likes

True, I do wish he’d have taken a touch though, (but he probably didn’t realise he had time for it)

1 Like

More goals this season than in his previous 3 combined

1 Like