Granit Xhaka

Still think ideally we have someone more agile in tight spaces and a better dribbler in this position.

But the 8 game sample size this season Xhaka has been a monster.

1 Like

I was wrong. Sorry Granit. You werenā€™t being used correctly, your performances for Switzerland should have told me that.

for so many years, finally I feel like Xhaka can do a job for us.
Glad that he found his spot and working.
Most importantly is, we also need Partey to be healthy to make this midfield line to work, especially Xhakaā€¦

83%

5 Likes

@Phoebica voted 20,000 times

2 Likes

was Xhaka really better than Jesus and Saliba in September??

2 Likes

Nah I donā€™t need to fix the polls any more, now that everyone loves him.

My work here is done.

1 Like

These polls arenā€™t based on facts, but emotion. And people LOVE a redemption arc :slight_smile:

5 Likes

understood

But still - 83% is quite something in a month where there were many very good performances across the squad.

Itā€™s fair to say heā€™s been very good this season but there is no way heā€™s been better than Saliba, Jesus, Martinelli, Odegaard or Partey.

Wasnā€™t it a mistake by Xhaka that led to us giving away a penalty for spurs?

I think because supporters had such a low estimation of him, these recent good performances make him look a lot better than he is.

yes

1 Like

There is way. Heā€™s been better than Martinelli, Odegaard and Partey. Not that they havenā€™t been good, I just think Xhakaā€™s overall performances this season have surpassed theirs.

I think youā€™re basing it on who you think is the better player, which is not the question.

There are several players who have been much more important to us this season so far than Granit Xhaka

Thats an absolute given, I can think of 3 in the back 5!!

Really? Which 3, other than Saliba?

You know what, actually its 4

Ben White
Saliba
Ramsdale
Zinchenko

All been much more important to us than Xhaka

Yeah, I strongly disagree with that. Ramsdale hasnā€™t stood out this season, made quite a few mistakes actually.

2 Likes

If you take Xhaka out of the games heā€™s played in, the overall team performances wouldnā€™t have been much different but players like Partey and Jesus would be missed far more.

Thereā€™s no doubt that Xhaka is in his best form compared with recent seasons.
But heā€™s our longest serving player and set his performance bar so low that no other player could get under itā€¦
So anything better than what weā€™re used to makes him look better than he actually is.

To say heā€™s been our best player this season is ludicrous.

1 Like

And Xhaka hasnt?

How do you know this?

No point discussing with you two. Feel like you both still dislike Xhaka despite him having putting in top performance after top performance this season.