Granit Xhaka

He’s proving to be a vital part of this team. Safe to say we’ll miss him if he gets injured. He’s been a revelation going forward, getting into dangerous areas and putting himself in positions from where he can score or assist. Mikel too deserves the credit for that. And the guy has bags of energy. Can go up and down the field all day.

He still has a mistake in him, especially when under pressure and better teams will target him but long may this new look Xhaka continue. I never saw this coming.

1 Like

#MyCaptain

He’s going to end up playing deep again isn’t he

2 Likes

Let’s hope not. He’s been very good in this advanced role. I could see it happening at points during a match. Maybe you take Sambi off, move Xhaka back and have Vieira play left eight. It’s not ideal but could we do it for 20 or 30 minutes and get away with it?

1 Like

The midfield against Villa was very fluid with Xhaka often the deepest lying midfielder. We defend more as a team and it is everyones responsibility to defend and to read the game. Not sure if it translates on TV as I havent rewatched any games but we are more fluid this season and players seem more aware of where their team mates are in different phases/transitions.

Almost had a heart attack when he went down with injury last night! Desperately need him this season.

2 Likes

Not. My. Captain.

1 Like

Time to bump this thread again me thinks.

You should all polishing Xhaka’s boots, not just Jesus.

1 Like

See the match day thread please.

He’ll always be captain cunt but he’s been playing well for 18 months now really.

Still need another CM for that slot.

I value him a lot more than I used to.

3 Likes

Lovely left foot ping

1 Like

More or less than King Charles? :thinking:

1 Like

#MyCaptain

1 Like

Xhaka wears boots but Jesus wears sandals. :grinning:

3 Likes

MOTM so far easily…again.

This new position is doing wonders for him.

1 Like

Genius from Mikel to revive Xhaka’s Arsenal career

Fantastic again. Goddamn.

3 Likes

His best performance in an Arsenal shirt?

Feels like we say this every week. It’s just his new standard.

One of our best players.

@Phoebica is right.

2 Likes