Granit Xhaka

Yeah the role more forward does seem to really suit Xhaka.

I said I was going to try and back him and not hate him this year. Heā€™s making it very easy I must say.

2 Likes

He keeps playing like this and Iā€™ll get a Xhaka jersey. Fuck. :xhaka2:

1 Like

Now hereā€™s a captain

:ginger:

Strong performance from Granit again!

2 Likes

One of our most important players

2 Likes

Canā€™t believe the redemption arc lol he has been brilliant in this new role

4 Likes

He has been excellent to start the season. I think his defensive contribution from this role is underrated too. He gets in good positions when we are out of possession amd just helps close up space, particularly important because of our style of play and being so high up the pitch a lot of the time.

8 Likes
7 Likes
1 Like

I think it is fair he has been much, much better on balance. Long may it continue. I give Arteta a lot of credit for figuring out his chess pieces and utilizing them well - this is perhaps the biggest example.

2 Likes

Never injured, always play 90 mins every game. That alone is a massive quality.

Well it is sometimes said that the best kind of ability is availability.

1 Like

Never been a subscriber to thatā€¦ FFS I was insanely reliable as a player for 40+ years but you wouldnā€™t have me in an Arsenal kit.

This version of Xhaka for 30 plus league games or 15 to 20 of Partey? Xhaka is reliable and playing well. I get why managers like him.

Iā€™m not/wasnā€™t his biggest fan, but every team needs players who can be relied upon.

2 Likes

Xhaka is a great player, unless you ask him to try to be a holding midfielder, which is a role he sucks at.

Was really good on both sides tonight, with the ball and without.

1 Like

He wasā€¦rock solid.

He will need to be at his very best on Sunday at Old Tartford.

Really love the way heā€™s turned it around under Artetas guidance

1 Like