Granit Xhaka

I know. I’ll never get to look Mads or Charlie in the eye and say, “You know, kids. When I was a younger man I had the privilege of watching the man who defined the decline of Arsenal play in the flesh.”

Xhaka’s staying. Remember, he said he wants to achieve things at Arsenal. He may not have quite as much of a role this season but he’s useful as one of our five subs.

He’s done enough. We’ve all suffered enough. He can go now.

It’s like when a toddler says they want to “help” make spaghetti. It’s okay, buddy, you’re going to do more harm than good. Just leave it.

4 Likes

He’s been decent under Arteta tbh

Yeah, all it took was signing a 50m pound midfielder from La Liga to hold his hand. Hats off Granit, you really dazzled us.

• Sees updates in the Xhaka thread *

Me: Maybe they sold the bum :pires2:

3 Likes

You’ll know he’s sold when I spontaneously combust from happiness. All of OA will feel the disturbance in the force.

1 Like

Shame he went all rapey

Steady. Not trying to catch OA in a lawsuit.

Few more years before this happens. He’ll retire at Arsenal. It’ll be longer than a few years actually. He has a good physique. Can see him playing until he is 40.

Well yeah. He doesnt have any pace too lose.

2 Likes

The realization that he’s going to spend a decade at this great club is enough to make me want to give up and start following rugby or something.

Do Americans even know what rugby is?

Only prep school Americans.

Jokes aside, I’ve told the story on OA that I got recruited by a club rugby team in college. They wanted me to be the guy they throw in the air. I told them that I wouldn’t survive a single instance of full contact without breaking every bone in my body so it was a “no”.

1 Like

I did that job, but in cheerleading. I was a flyer, the one they throw in the air. Downfalls of being short.

1 Like

Did you get dizzy?

2 Likes

Yeah. It was the training and rehearsals that killed me. 12 hours a week, more hours than I spent in lectures! So as well as game days and competitions I’d sometimes be thrown in the air about 30 times in a few hours three times a week. Part of the reason i quit. Too much work and risk of head injury for little reward :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:arteta2:

5 Likes

AfcVIP⁴⁹

@VipArsenal

Granit Xhaka: "What our coach Mikel Arteta is doing is unbelievably good. We play very good football under him. But we’ve also become a very unpleasant opponent and can also play dirty."

Xhaka dispelling the myth that he and Arteta are just fake hard men.
When the going gets tough, they are the toughest around. :xhaka2:

2 Likes