Granit Xhaka

Let’s add some context here.
That certain someone has a record for blaming others .
He did it in the past when be blamed our forwards(Auba at the time) for missing chances, he did it when he told us to fuck off.

There’s a very good reason why a bunch of us saw him deflecting the blame and pointing fingers.

Yeah, you could say that. Not sure if the message was 100% right, but I need to hear some kind of strong reaction from someone inside the club after this. This was an absolutely unacceptable performance in our game of the season.

I could go with us throwing hands with Newcastle, bombing… Maybe ending 2:2… Still would be a horrible result, but, again, the way we lost this game… We basically surrendered from the start.

4 Likes

This is a post-match interview said in the heat of the moment. The fact that we’re dissecting and trying to poke holes in it…

If he’s pointing fingers well everyone is getting the finger aside from Arteta. It’s a non-discriminate finger saying you all didn’t have the balls for the fight. Does anyone disagree? The team was outfought all game long.

Has the messaging worked? Well, it seems to have taken some of the heat off of Arteta and put it on the players and mainly Xhaka in this instance.

Redemption arc in full flow

1 Like

Disgraceful that he’s ever reached that kind of milestone

4 Likes

This is the fucking Shawshank Redemption, right? But with more tunneling through shit and no fucking redemption.

10 Likes

hopefully this is the target and he will leave before game 251

1 Like

I hope we move on from him this summer but even if we do, I’m dreading see his dumb fucking face all over the documentary. He must be a producer’s dream. Full of meaningless quotes about working hard, desire and zero self awareness.

1 Like

Nice Malcolm tucker reference :arteta:

2 Likes

Seriously Xhaka has to be approaching the record for most PL appearances for us right?

He’d still be a long way behind PV4 and DB10 I would have thought.

Wait, has he surpassed Cesc? :upside_down_face:

Oh and Cesc.

The cheek of Dele who went from England’s star boy to an out of favour player for a relegation side. :grimacing:

It’s alright mate, we’ll see you in a few years down on talkSport talking to us about the times you finished above Arsenal. :joy:

24:00 minutes into the interview, Nuno is speaking about his confidence and hints that he was having issues in the game versus West Ham. Xhaka gave him a pep talk in the second half.

1 Like

Yeah need to give him the armband until one of our young guns mature.

Don’t want anyone else to take that pressure just yet.

That said, I rather we find that midfield partner to Partey who is also a mental giant & can take up the captaincy for multiple years.

I guess it’s basically what we’ve been told over and over. He’s a good coworker even if he’s a dummy.

1 Like

How come we have all these players good in the dressing room but shit out of it.

7 Likes

Because it’s easier to talk a good game than it is to play one?

4 Likes

Need to offer this guy a new contract. Only two years left on his current deal.