Granit Xhaka

:door:

Say what you like about him from a purely footballing perspective but I think Xhaka is one of the few players we have had in years that actually does appear to give a fuck in the shit moments, even if the way he expresses it might be questionable.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve being saying for years that the reason Xhaka has survived under 3 different managers is because heā€™s a professional sycophant. Points the finger at everyone else with complete conviction and confidence and tells the managers what they want to hear.

Heā€™s poison, heā€™s the fucking football anti Christ.

7 Likes

He has a track record of blaming others. Did it when his buddies Mustafi, Kola, Ozil, Auba and others were here and they were hounded out and now he blames the kids.

FYI Granit, itā€™s not you who got us here. Itā€™s those kids.
Those kids have been carrying Arsenal FC for 2 seasons now while a bunch of you pussies shied away from your responsibilities and didnā€™t step up when it mattered.
God know where weā€™d finish if we relied on your sorry abilities last season. We would genuinely be fighting for relegationā€¦

2 Likes

Rare good take from Neville.

Sick to my stomach with this guyā€¦

1 Like

Ironic cuz u just described Arteta as a manager too.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a football human centipede with old Stan in the front of the train. Xhakaā€™s the caboose.

4 Likes

Iā€™m actually fuming right now.
Canā€™t believe that shit show of an interview from this guy.

Threw all the fucking blame to everyone else but him.
How truly pathetic. The guy who gave away games on his own. The guy who told the fans to fuck off.

Itā€™s never your fault Granit. Never you fucking faultā€¦

2 Likes

I always thought the comments about the improved club culture werenā€™t meaningful with this guys still around

6 Likes

I was talking about sexy Freddie. Though now that I think about it Emery was never a manager here

Lol Xhaka talking about himself there?

His words would be fine if he was a level above the other Arsenal players on the pitch, but I didnā€™t think he was. I said it last summer, and Iā€™ll say it for this summer. We need 2 good CM signings, not 1, and that would be to either relegate Xhaka down the pecking order or to offload him.

1 Like

His thoughts on the performance were right tbh, we played like a pack of spineless cowards that werenā€™t up for the fight.

5 Likes

Being right (not sure he is right btw) and airing that in public are two different things.

If heā€™s such a great leader who is so amazing with the young players who carried this team for chunks of this season, including when he was dropping 3/10s, why is he embarrassing them like that?

And Iā€™m still not sure how much of the performance was down to things I donā€™t put a ton of stock in like ā€œfightā€ or ā€œdesireā€ because I think the way the team celebrated points against Wolves or Villa showed me they really wanted this. So I donā€™t think itā€™s a lack of desire.

It probably has a lot to do with fatigue despite playing (mostly) once a week with a small squad and thatā€™s Artetaā€™s fault.

And there were times yesterday it looked like there wasnā€™t a plan. So, yeah the players obviously take some of the blame but Artetaā€™s subs were awful even with limited options.

I just donā€™t see the need for Granit to go there like this in public. Maybe heā€™s wound up, we know heā€™s kind of an emotional shithead. I just hope he leaves in the summer so heā€™s not casting a shadow over the group. Heā€™s a big personality and I think itā€™s time to go.

It was a lack of desire last night.

To get completely out hunted from whistle to whistle by a team thatā€™s 14th with nothing really to play for is pathetic.

You can be annoyed at him for saying publicly though if you think itā€™s unprofessional.

Personally I donā€™t mind the spineless weak coward grubs copping it.

Only thing Iā€™m annoyed at regarding the interview was Xhaka didnā€™t also call himself out.

8 Likes

Speaking big is easy as fuck
There is no substance behind Xhakaā€™s words.

If it came from a person who has exhibited application on pitch, it would have been digestible

2 Likes

Itā€™s not like we were bossing midfield and forwards were fluffing chances and defenders were panicking and giving away cheap goals (well except for Ramsdale being a fucking mess and Tomi being mugged by ASM).

We lost ā€œthe midfield battleā€ as much as I can remember in any game this season, so when youā€™re the senior midfielder you should probably be a little reflective first. Good to see some of that famous behind the scenes leadership though.

He really should have just got into bed with Mourinho and ended this for all of us.

9 Likes

One thing Xhaka did say is that the players were not following Artetaā€™s plan. Now that could be a major issue, that Arteta cannot get the team to play to his plan/tactics but it can also be that we have a bunch of youngsters overwhelmed by the occasion (I hope it is the latter).

Xhaka and Arteta are similar personalities.
They like to portray themselves as hard men but both mentally weak and blame others for their incompetent.

So having the pair of them, supposedly as leaders, with an even more incompetent owner, is about the worst combination a club could have.

The only people who are happy with this situation are spurs supporters.

1 Like

He didnā€™t lie though. ESR, Saka, Ode, Nketiah just to mention a few all bottled it. Xhaka is far from perfect but Iā€™d rather him say grow some balls rather than ā€˜ā€˜oh it just wasnā€™t our dayā€™ā€™ blah blah bullshit

3 Likes