Granit Xhaka

This may be true but it’s not really an endorsement of Xhaka as a player, his prominence under Arteta doesn’t really mean anything when we know tactical setup and coaching is so flawed and negatively affects other areas.

It’s nuts that Partey, who was objectively a better midfielder than Xhaka in many areas, has turned to shit under Arteta. What does that tell you about the coach Xhaka thrives under?

I never said it was. I’m basing img opinion on what we currently have under the manager we currently have.

His area of expertise is that, at least before this injury, he was always healthy to play. He might have been suspended, but he was never hurt. That’s why we ended up building around him. Not because he’s supremely talented or a good leader or dynamic, but because the last three managers knew that he was always fit to play. Kind of the anti-Diaby.

1 Like

Your logic makes no sense tho. How many extra points is Xhaka going to win us over the course of the season? You think he’s single handedly gonna drag us to European league football?

Did I say that?

I think we’d be able to string more than 3 passes together with Xhaka in the team though.

It’s not as simple as saying “how many points would Xhaka win us?” But I genuinely believe that we could have beat Palace yesterday if we had him in the line up. Our midfield was a disaster. Partey and Xhaka have looked, at the very least, competent together.

Xhaka was part of the team that went 0 wins and 3 losses and scored 0 goals in our first 3 matches, so sure whatever u say :+1::+1:

The problem with Xhaka is that when he doesn’t lose us points, which is pretty much the bare minimum a professional footballer should be doing, he is no more than adequate.

I don’t blame him for being the first name on the team sheet, because that’s down to the moron who puts him there but as a player, Xhaka is no more than adequate.

So Arteta is at fault here.
He has spent more than 200m on players and the positions that needed strengthening the most were DM and a top quality goal scoring AM, which he has ignored.

But, rather than strengthening the DM position, Arteta decided to give Xhaka a new contract.
A player who’s only claim to fame is losing more points for their club than any other PL player.

Neither are remotely good enough for us.
So the fact that they have been manager and captain of the club is ridiculous.
But the fact that are still here, is astonishing.

The problem is for us Xhaka haters is that nobody has grasped the bloody mantle and given Arteta any reason not to bring him back.
It’s frustrating because it’s not saying much about the character or so called potential in the replacements.:man_shrugging:

1 Like

No post tonight @Phoebica :eyes:

4 Likes

Need Lokonga to keep playing at tonight’s level.

1 Like

No, Villa were useless. Could have played me in midfield. Whereas when we played Palace, they were organised and we needed him.

Nice try, though.

2 Likes

Oh come on Pheebs. We need him the same way a fish needs a tambourine.

It was just as likely he’d put in a 3/10 and/or get sent off. That’s why he sucks.

5 Likes

This is just not true though. He hardly ever put in 3/10s. And his last red card wasn’t even deserved.

He’s put in an utter boatload of dogshit performances and cost us countless points over his spell with us by being a brain dead stupid cunt who never learns from his mistakes. Hardly ever put in 3/10s smh

8 Likes

I said hardly ever, so I know there have been a few matches where he was shit. But the majority of his matches he has been fine/better than fine.

I think the issue with Xhaka @Phoebica is the whole telling the fans to fuck off.

That drew the line in the sand. After that, we’re all, understandably, unable to see a good performance from him.

Shouldn’t be at the club, full stop.

4 Likes

Xhaka is no more than competent when he’s at his best but for someone who was one of our biggest signings, on massive wages, we should be seeing a lot more.

His leadership skills are poor and is by far the worst captain we’ve had.
Sulking and acting like a petulant child is not what real leaders do.

He lacks pace, his decision making is slow, he constantly gives away fouls through bad tackles, regularly gets sent off and is the record holder, by some distance, of a PL player losing points for his own team.

The only thing he is good at is short sideways passing and having the most punchable face in the PL.

1 Like

I think the main issue is that he’s shit. If he was a top quality midfielder I’d easily be able to look past a flare up in the heat of the moment.

5 Likes

Yes, I know you did, its the “hardly ever” part that I was directly disagreeing with when I said he’s put in loads of them.

I have no idea how you could watch 5 years of Xhaka starting for us and say that be and large he’s been fine or better than fine the majority of the time. I’m genuinely embarrassed that he remains a starter after all these years of him showing how ill suited he is to our league.

3 Likes

He’s shit and a cunt, enough said :vinai:

9 Likes