Granit Xhaka

This is a good outcome. Say what you will about Xhaka, he is an important part of our CM depth and we would have been looking light there if it was an ACL and he was out until next summer. We will need him for the holiday fixture congestion and also AFCON when Partey and Elneny are away.

I dunno Xhaka is fucking garbage and as I said at the time of his injury I don’t wish it to be a career ending type deal or something that requires surgery, but I’m definitely happy we don’t have to see him for another 2 months plus. My gawd I actually lied I’m overjoyed, it’s like an early Christmas gift. Yeeeeeeeeeeeet :grin::grin::grin::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Even I wouldn’t wish injury on him, and I think he’s about as useful in a midfield as male nipples.

He had a good game on Sunday. He played within himself, I think he let Partey and Ødegaard dictate play and surprise, surprise, we looked great.

Hopefully he gets better soon and makes a full return to fitness so I can continue talking shit about him not moving the ball fast enough.

1 Like

He can’t even control his temper let alone a midfield

10 Likes

I don’t think that will happen but still happy to take that trade anyway

1 Like

Can’t because it’s a CL game.

9 Likes

Xhaka gets a worldwide ban from football for 12 years. Same category of offence as Septic Bladder

1 Like

OUT FOR 3 MONTHS.

Further to injuring his right knee during Sunday’s match against Tottenham Hotspur, assessments and scans have confirmed that Granit Xhaka suffered a significant injury to his medial knee ligament.

Granit’s recovery and rehabilitation programme will start immediately and we are aiming for him to be back in action in approximately three months

1 Like

You mean we don’t see him now until 2022? Then he’s sold so effectively he’s played his last game for us :wink:

Not a fan of the bloke but a three month absence isn’t good news for us. Will be very reliant on Partey and Lokonga, and I guess Elneny as those two can’t play every game, certainly not with Partey’s spotty injury record in an Arsenal shirt.

Hopefully he’s fully fit by the time January comes round and we lose Partey and Elneny to the AFCON (Slim Shady)

1 Like

Hopefully he will back in time for the AFCON. We are serously thin in midfield atm. Good that we dont have Europe this season.

1 Like

Our dependency on Thomas Partey is going to be unhealthy, especially given his susceptibility to injury.

AMN is not good enough. Elneny is mediocre. Lokonga will have to see heavy minutes which isn’t ideal. Ødegaard will also have to get game time as a centre-mid. Ø can at least see a pass unlike 2 or the 3 players mentioned above.

Blessing in disguise

1 Like

Makes a CM in January an absolute priority now, well more of one.

1 Like

Blessing in disguise Exhibit 1

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you, but I don’t disagree with Jake or Flexo’s points either, we’re just starting to find a little balance in our first 11 and if Partey goes down then we’re screwed. I think Partey - Lonkonga is a nice midfield but an injury to either won’t make for nice watching and there is a lot of football still to be played before the January window opens.

Still really wish we had pursued Bissouma.

There isn’t.
We have 18 matches till end of Jan(15 till dec) with an average rest period of 5 days between each match. [Not counting EFL matches as we progress]
We can definitely survive 18 matches with Partey, Sambi, Elneny, AMN, Odegaard & ESR to fill 3 midfield spots. That’s enough depth.

Xhaka is not needed, Time for Lokonga to step up.

Against lesser teams I think we can play Odegaard deeper and have Pepe, ESR and Saka.

1 Like

It’s not a question of depth. It’s a question of strength. Elneny and AMN aren’t good players. We’re one injury away from having to use them.

5 Likes