Granit Xhaka

Haha no you’re completely right my Elneny love is purely a meme. Basel pissing themselves that they unleashed these two midfield disasters on the world

1 Like

To be fair they didn’t unleash Elneny on the world they just unleashed him on us, atleast Xhaka has periodically interested a couple of other clubs as well.

But yes, they’ve done us dirty twice in the end.

So Xhaka goes for a poor fee, we do need to upgrade the position though.

Judgement will be made when the replacement comes in for me.

1 Like

If Neves is the replacement what’s the Judgement?

Meh, I don’t think it’ll make any real difference to the season for us IMO. Think it’ll pretty much be a wash.

2 Likes

Nice summation by Tim Stillman here.

I liked this piece although overall I’d say it’s a generally supportive piece to Xhaka (that’s Stillman’s MO mind). One other thing I’d add, delivering the post is just what you’re supposed to do.

Nobody cares how many times you deliver the post correctly, if you accidentally post your shit through someone’s letter box every six months, that is what your customers will remember of your time as their postman.

Take the money now or you will have to take less later. Just like 2020 when Hertha Berlin offered £25m.

He wants to leave. He wants nothing to do with this club any more

Let him go

1 Like

Imagine where we might have been if we’d sold him. Could easily see us making 7th last season. #progress

7 Likes

Same. But I’m stuck with them for life.

2 Likes

I think he’s even said before on the Arsecast that he never wrote a single piece about Mustafi in his time at Arsenal because it would’ve been a hit piece and he didn’t want to do it.

He tends to be a lot more critical on podcasts than in his actual writing I find.

2 Likes

Ditto tbh

1 Like

So can Leno but it doesn’t mean we want him in our midfield. :grinning:

AS Roma are waiting for Arsenal to announce Albert Sambi Lokonga as new signing to progress in talks for Granit Xhaka.

Why?

1 Like

Serie a clubs and arsenal fall under the farcical bracket when it comes to transfers. The nonsense that has been dragging on the whole summer is what happens when the two meet and neither can actually walk away from the deal.

4 Likes

They probably think we’ll be desperate for funds after using some on Lokonga

1 Like

This transfer is moving forward so fucking slowly. An allegory of this cunt on a football pitch. Quite fitting to be fair. Slow cunt at football, slow cunt to get rid of.

Nothing about this was ever going to be quick

5 Likes

Im desperate for something more than Lokonga.

2 Likes

Well yes because he’s a massive cunt.

Should’ve been sold that January after the Palace incident.

8 Likes

Liverpool get around €12m for someone who played a handful of games for them and spent most of his time on loan and we’ll get a few million more than that for Xhaka lol

9 Likes