Granit Xhaka

Our policy looks disjointed because we kept turning over that group of decision makers.

Wenger
Wenger and Ivan
Wenger, Ivan and Sven
Ivan, Sven and Raul
Raul, Edu and Vinai
Edu and Vinai
Edu, Vinai and Arteta (ft. Josh “Be Excited” Kroenke)

That’s absolutely insane. Very few clubs could continue making good decisions with that amount of turnover. Add to that we kept changing strategy every time we changed leadership groups.

3 Likes

That’s no excuse.
Plenty of clubs change managers and staff regularly but are still capable of making proper decisions.
The people running our club are some of the worst in Europe.

From keeping managers too long, to picking managers, to buying and selling players to giving out world class wages to Championship level players, what ever way you look at it, this club is an absolute shambles.

Trying to defend this lot, and not calling them out for what they are, is what got us into this mess.
The decision makers are either corrupt or inept, probably a bit of both, but it’s ruining the club and will continue to, as long as they stay in charge of it.

No excusing it by a long shot, just trying to grope for an explanation beyond bad luck of hiring a bunch of bozos.

3 Likes

Because we hired the wrong ones, the inexperienced ones.

What did Edu and Arteta accomplished, achieved, before to get the positions they are having now?

1 Like

€15m? :weary: god that is awful awful deal.

Xhaka may well feature in Serie A Team of the Season next year.

We can’t do anything right at this club.

3 Likes

I honestly dont care how much they pay. Get him out Robbie

1 Like

Personally, I’d rather keep him than sell him for that amount. It’s not like we have a decent replacement for him either.

3 Likes

15m or Granit stinking up the joint for another two years then leaving on a free. Not a hard choice for me.

5 Likes

I’d rather still have him around for that time than have to rely on Elneny if we aren’t getting at least 20m. And tbh for the last 6 months of the season he absolutely was not stinking up the place.

1 Like

He hasn’t been stinking up the joint though. He was one of our best players this season.

But people made up their mind about him ages ago and refuse to budge. Hating Xhaka is the popular choice.

2 Likes

I’d honestly give him away for free so can’t say I care too much about the shit fee. It’s all gravy when you realise the cunt is finally out the door

Xhaka was shit last season, he was the focal point of a really poor midfield and a poor team. Moving him on is absolutely essential.

He strung together some good games by his ungodly low standard but he was awful

3 Likes

Elneny>

Yea sorry if I don’t buy into a relatively short run of half decent form which ultimately means nothing when measured against his time here as a whole. That mistake against Burnley was what 8 or so from the end of the season? He has that mistake in him every time he takes the field. We need to get rid of it. I say that cos it’s true and that it’s popular is a coincidence.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not calling him a world beater or anything. And I know we need to upgrade him, but we need to upgrade most of the squad. He isn’t the biggest problem in it. Just think it’s dramatic of people to say things like they don’t care how much we get for him as long as he is gone. As if getting rid of Xhaka will solve all our problems. Our other midfield options are worse than him.

I don’t foresee any scenario where the club gets rid of him and doesn’t replace him though so ultimately the sooner he’s gone the sooner I can be happy that we just never have to watch him in an Arsenal shirt again haha.

I think that he is awful, and I agree that the likes of Elneny are worse players but I just need to see him gone in much the same way I wanted us to move on from players like Ramsey, Giroud, Theo (although these 3 had more use than Xhaka)

It’ll solve our Xhaka problem. That’s a start.

2 Likes

No Xhaka can actually pass forwards at times

Big Elbomb and Partey leading us to our first Old Trafford victory in 67 years. Did Xhaka even feature that day, was he at left back. Either way he sucks and we’re literally better off with a mini traffic cone like Elneny then Xhaka in the team

1 Like

That was one match, and I disagree that we’re better off with Elneny. I would agree that we’ll be better off without both if we can actually sign better players.

1 Like